what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Quote from: Malc on February 06, 2019, 04:45:17 PM
Reliving my youth today with some good old urban blues.

You really need to come down to Giants of Rock at Minehead next January Malc. This was 2 weekends ago, needless to say, I was there!
http://images.sk-static.com/images/media/img/col6/20180830-181124-967046.jpg
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

@Malc
That's led me to play my favourite Cream track. Cop a load of Jack Bruce's bass playing - epic!

lil chris

I found this band on youtube, and very good they are, I love the format ie no stopping between songs, check them out guys they also do a melody of Pink Floyd, Toto and Deep Purple.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

themadhippy

QuoteI wasn't there, but I was "there" thanks to TV..
i was,earls court 1981 i thinks,still got the T shirt somewhere.also saw rodger do it on his own in berlin 1990. again the T shirts somewere
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

emjaybee

Imagine Dragons

"Origins"

I 'discovered' Imagine Dragons whilst sitting in the Hard Rock Cafe at the harbour side in Baltimore.

I suddenly realised I was drumming on the table to a track which I couldn't get out of my head, it eventually came round on the loop again and it turned out to be 'Whatever it takes' by Imagine Dragons.

I bought the Evolve album when I got back to the UK, and the wife got me the 'Origins' album for Christmas, it hasn't been out of the van CD player since.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

PeteW

Quote from: themadhippy on February 06, 2019, 09:19:29 PM
i was,earls court 1981 i thinks,still got the T shirt somewhere.also saw rodger do it on his own in berlin 1990. again the T shirts somewere

Lucky man! Floyd and Led Zeppelin were my two who got away. Living in the far north I could only see bands live at Newcastle and those two never played while I was there. Saw most of my musical heroes though - Yes, Deep Purple, Wishbone Ash, Nazareth, Mountain, and the greatest of all - Rory Gallagher  :claphappy:

Fardap

Quote from: lil chris on February 06, 2019, 09:18:02 PM
I found this band on youtube, and very good they are, I love the format ie no stopping between songs, check them out guys they also do a melody of Pink Floyd, Toto and Deep Purple.

They are great, listened to Queen and Toto medleys now listening to their full Dark Side of the Moon - is excellent

Bealman

Quote from: PeteW on February 07, 2019, 09:31:03 AM

Lucky man! Floyd and Led Zeppelin were my two who got away. Living in the far north I could only see bands live at Newcastle and those two never played while I was there. Saw most of my musical heroes though - Yes, Deep Purple, Wishbone Ash, Nazareth, Mountain, and the greatest of all - Rory Gallagher  :claphappy:

I saw most of them in my college days, many of in Stockton or Sunderland, amazingly.

Right now, all I'm listening to is nurses bringing me my medication, so the Floyd and Cream stuff above are welcome distractions.

Thanks for posting!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

port perran

Quote from: PeteW on February 07, 2019, 09:31:03 AM

Iagree - Rory live was great, he really seemed to enjoy just playing for the fun of it and always rid well over 2 hours.
Although I saw Led Zep, like you Pink Floyd got away as did the Moody Blues who I really would've lkd to see live.
Other than that, I saw most of the other bands of the late 60s/early 70s.
Great days.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

lil chris

Just found this one tonight by my fav Youtube band, they are so good  hope you enjoy
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Newportnobby

Bad night's sleep last night so I'm just chilling with a couple of 'Enigma' albums 8)

Train Waiting

Woody, our resident woodpecker, drumming away for all he's worth.  I hope Wendy is listening as well!

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

port perran

is he a lesser spotted, great spotted or green version?
We have a regular lesser spotted which we see allmost daily.
There's a green about occasionally (we hear his laughing call) but we rarely see him.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Malc

Sitting in the car while SWIMBO does some shopping. Listening to my Radio Caroline 70's selection. This popped up.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

One of my all time favourite bands. I saw them at least half a dozen times in the early 70s.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations