Moving to Spain

Started by Adam1701D, May 25, 2019, 08:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

My late father in law lived in one of those horrible new urbanisations outside of Torrveija, we visited a few times but I just never took to Spain although I love Ibiza and Menorca. When he was diagnosed with cancer the medical services were excellent and possibly extended his life a fair bit.
As someone else mentioned get your wills sorted, it has caused a lot of friction between my wifes' family and his partner who is still out there.
I wish you and the family well Adam and hope that it all works out for you  :thumbsup:

Adam1701D

It's really happening now. The house is on the market and we have put an offer in for the Spanish place. After Christmas, we will complete the paperwork to claim Residencia (and beat Br***t). Really exciting.

This does point to a possible pause for Electra, whilst the company is transferred to Spain. I hope this will be minor and I will restart operations soon after.

Might have to think of a new name. Was thinking "Electra-Tren" but this appear to have been taken already :)

Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

zwilnik

Quote from: captainelectra on December 14, 2019, 10:45:03 PM
It's really happening now. The house is on the market and we have put an offer in for the Spanish place. After Christmas, we will complete the paperwork to claim Residencia (and beat Br***t). Really exciting.

This does point to a possible pause for Electra, whilst the company is transferred to Spain. I hope this will be minor and I will restart operations soon after.

Might have to think of a new name. Was thinking "Electra-Tren" but this appear to have been taken already :)

Nice one! If you drive, I'd recommend applying to swap your UK driving license to a Spanish one as soon as you have your residentia. If you can get it applied for (literally walk into the local Traffico office and ask to exchange it) before Brexit happens, Spain will process it. If it starts after Brexit, they can't guarantee it and you may end up having to do a full Spanish driving test to get a new license.

zwilnik

In terms of the company, unless you *really* need the whole limited company thing, it may be worth just becoming an Autonomo and trading as. As Autonomo you pay in a fixed amount per month (you have to pay in a lot more as a company director) and you get full healthcare and even unemployment benefit. The first year you only pay a proportion of the full Autonomo fee (€60 - €100 depending on age) which rises in the 2nd and 3rd years to the full amount of around €300 per month.

One big advantage of going autonomo is once you're signed up, you can get your Residentia without having to do all the financial requirements or getting private health insurance so it can be a quick route to getting into the system.

Adam1701D

Quote from: zwilnik on December 14, 2019, 11:02:39 PM
In terms of the company, unless you *really* need the whole limited company thing, it may be worth just becoming an Autonomo and trading as. As Autonomo you pay in a fixed amount per month (you have to pay in a lot more as a company director) and you get full healthcare and even unemployment benefit. The first year you only pay a proportion of the full Autonomo fee (€60 - €100 depending on age) which rises in the 2nd and 3rd years to the full amount of around €300 per month.

One big advantage of going autonomo is once you're signed up, you can get your Residentia without having to do all the financial requirements or getting private health insurance so it can be a quick route to getting into the system.

That is actually what we are doing. We are using an agent in Benissa to help us through all the paperwork needed :)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations