Heritage recreations

Started by portland-docks, November 18, 2013, 04:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

portland-docks

So one thing i like to do is recreate sets as seen on heritage railways. For various reasons one being at exhibitions alot of people recognise them!

So im trying to think of what would be needed in these sets and thought i would compile a list here so if anyone would like to recreate any particular sets they can do so.

So if anyone knows any from any specific railway they would like to see, pm me and i will add it to the list.

What i have so far is....

north yorkshire moors railway
Whitby 1- 7x blood/custard mk1
Whitby 2- 7x maroon mk1 (including buffet car)
Dining train-metcam pullman brake, 2x mk1 pullman, 1x choc/cream RU, 3x choc/ cream mk1 (incl brake end), 1 great western saloon
Teak set- 6x teaks (inc 1 buffet and 1 restaurant car), 1 great northern saloon

great central railway
Windcutter freight- 18x 16t mineral wagons and 2x brake vans
Cromwell diner- 6x mk1 (repaints required and vinyls perhaps)
Local stock- 4x southern mk1
Freight (yet to work out the set)
Tpo set- 4 to 5x tpo

severn valley railway
Gwr freight (yet to work out the set)

A rake of 7 blood and custard mk1s can really pass as any heritage railways standard service set, same with the maroons really. Couple of railways have a teak set.

Anything else you would like to add feel free :)
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Michael Hendle

Hi

If you do the Nene Valley Railway you can have a set of Belgian Coaches and a Polish Tank Loco,or Teddy Bear 0-6-0 diesel,or Standard 4 City of Peterborough.Oh and a Swedish single car DMU.

Mike

PLD

What is the current formation of the Severn Valley's Stanier Rake?

IIRC last time I was there it included a couple of 60ft vehicles and at least one post-war 'Porthole' style so I don't think it can be completely accurately represented by the types currently available from Farish...

Adam1701D

Quote from: Michael Hendle on November 19, 2013, 01:44:40 PM
Hi

If you do the Nene Valley Railway you can have a set of Belgian Coaches and a Polish Tank Loco,or Teddy Bear 0-6-0 diesel,or Standard 4 City of Peterborough.Oh and a Swedish single car DMU.

Mike
They also have a couple of Mk1 blood and custard sets, a March Class 31 and, just for variety an ex-DB Kof shunter has joined the fleet.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Michael Hendle

Hi Adam
I'm a member of the Nene Valley Railway I didn't know the have a Ex DB Kof,when did they get that? In the workshops there is  Battle of Britain  34081 '92 Squadron being rebuilt,not sure of a date for it to be finished and running again

They also have this for Santa Specials, Black 5 No 45337.

Mike

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations