“Inside The Steam Train Museum” Channel 5

Started by daffy, May 28, 2020, 06:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

'New' program tonight on Channel 5 in the UK at 7:00pm

Inside The Steam Train Museum - a behind the scenes look at Bressingham Steam Museum and the bizarre characters that keep the museum running.

Part of what seems to be a 'trains night' on Channel 5 tonight, with other previously shown programs,  starting at 6:35pm.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Jim Easterbrook

Quote from: daffy on May 28, 2020, 06:12:41 PM
Inside The Steam Train Museum - a behind the scenes look at Bressingham Steam Museum and the bizarre characters that keep the museum running.

It says "bazar characters" on my PVR's electronic programme guide.

Either way, I do hope it won't be seeking to mock people who have an interest in something.
Jim Easterbrook
"I'm an engineer, not an artist!"
"Amoro, emptio, utiliso!"
Personal website. / Photos on Flickr. / Blog.

ntpntpntp

That's my concern too, I'd like a program about the museum and exhibits not the characters.

We'll see. I'll watch Star Trek TNG as usual then catch channel 5 on +
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

bluedepot

i just put this on but missed the start

i went to this museum about 30 years ago i think...

tim

daffy

Thankfully the love, the passion, the joy, the humour and the skill of these enthusiasts was allowed to shine through, with a subdued and straightforward voiceover that was refreshingly free of the usual garbage, allowing the volunteers and staff to speak for themselves.

This will be a most enjoyable series if it continues in this vein.

This is now a 'must visit' for me when life opens up again and I can make the 180 mile round trip!  :)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

exmouthcraig

A fantastic insight into the hard working volunteers passion to keep everything traditional and right.

Great first episode and hopefully continues in the same vein.

Fingers crossed  they survive this current ordeal.

gavin_t

caught this by chance after I saw it on the sky planner.

Quite a good show and gave me an insight to visit somewhere I haven't heard of before too  :D

Top quality beard on the MD too  8)

ntpntpntp

Put me in mind a little of The Fast Show: "This week Oi 'ave been mostly drivin' a Terrier"   but yeah it was ok.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Jim Easterbrook

Quote from: daffy on May 28, 2020, 06:12:41 PM
'New' program tonight on Channel 5 in the UK at 7:00pm

Thank you so much Mike for drawing this to my attention - I wouldn't have known it was on otherwise.

I've just finished watching it and found it utterly delightful. Far from being "bizarre characters" the people shown were all delightful. I love watching enthusiasts demonstrating their skills. And some wonderful Norfolk/Suffolk accents as well.

Quote from: gavin_t on May 29, 2020, 02:23:09 PM
Top quality beard on the MD too  8)

Not just the MD. Top beardage all round.

I suspect a lot of this programme's charm is a result of the small budget. Not too much music, no silly special effects, no talking to camera while walking along with the camera looking up the nose, not a lot of commentary. Just let the people speak for themselves and it works!
Jim Easterbrook
"I'm an engineer, not an artist!"
"Amoro, emptio, utiliso!"
Personal website. / Photos on Flickr. / Blog.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations