Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Only been waiting 4 years for this plain green Warship from Farish but worth the wait (I think)

Liddyuk

I secured a Farish Class 20 specifically to try installing sound without surgery to the chassis and I'm very pleased with the results. I am stuck atm with deciding on the value of a resistor for the modification to independent front and rear lights. Any suggestions are most welcome.
Regards to all

Steven B

Quote from: Liddyuk on March 30, 2023, 05:59:09 PM
I secured a Farish Class 20 specifically to try installing sound without surgery to the chassis and I'm very pleased with the results. I am stuck atm with deciding on the value of a resistor for the modification to independent front and rear lights. Any suggestions are most welcome.
Regards to all

The Farish class 20 has a 6 pin decoder - the only way of splitting the red/white lighting is to modify the circuitry.

By default the two lighting outputs on the 6 pin decoder (yellow & white wires on a wired decoder) are split such that one controls the white light at one end and the red light at the other.

You may have additional function output (usually green & purple) either as wired leads or solder pads that can be used to control the the tail lights independently of the head lights.

Further discussion on this is probably best left for another topic/thread.

Steven B.

Liddyuk

Hi Steven B.
Thank you for responding, just for clarity I've hard-wired a Zimo MX649 with the extra connections to enable individual lighting control.
Best regards
Ian

msr

I've not seen reference to the Bachmann Narrow Gauge series in these pages. Most of the range is obviously too big for N Gauge but since the stock runs on N Gauge track I couldn't resist this little red loco as an industrial shunter for my gas works. In reality it is Dinorwic Quarry shunter No.780 'Alice' and I feel it doesn't look at all out of place next to standard Farish stock.
'Alice' runs beautifully and takes a small decoder, so slow running under DCC is straightforward.

acook

That doesn't look overscale, how is it for width?
Thinking if it's same/less than an an outside frame 08 a whole new world of possibilities (and cost) has just emerged.............  :)
Thinking of platform clearances.
Alan

msr

'Alice' and the latest 08 are very similar in width. The dimensions are approximately 23 mm for 'Alice' (measured to the outside of the red piston guides) and 22 mm for the 08 (measured to the outside of the crank pins). The distance between the wheels is of course the same.

I should add that 'Alice' has NEM sockets and I fitted Farish short shanks couplers into them in place of the originals. I also fitted the smaller sized block buffers that were provided.

fguy

Very Happy with this nice slow runner.
Good job  NGS crew

PoppaB

Just got back into the hobby a few months ago after a 65 year absence (don't ask!) and managed, on a limited budget, to collect some used rollings stock and a wee Lima shunter to start things off. However, I just managed to find a nice wee Graham Farish Class 25 Diesel at an affordable price so my two coaches now have something to pull them. I really wanted a Class 47 but that's a wee story for later.
Ian.

Pic: Class 25 and my wee collection of rolling stock.

Jeff P

Hi all , here`s my latest loco the Graham Farnish class 101 DMU, seen here waiting in the mist for its the early morning commuters.

dannyboy

What did you do - move the layout into the bathroom after you had had your bath?  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Jeff P

Quote from: dannyboy on April 11, 2023, 07:35:46 PM
What did you do - move the layout into the bathroom after you had had your bath?  ;)
:no:  Very funny Photo shop.

Foxhound

Quote from: PoppaB on April 10, 2023, 02:08:03 PM
Just got back into the hobby a few months ago after a 65 year absence (don't ask!) and managed, on a limited budget, to collect some used rollings stock and a wee Lima shunter to start things off. However, I just managed to find a nice wee Graham Farish Class 25 Diesel at an affordable price so my two coaches now have something to pull them. I really wanted a Class 47 but that's a wee story for later.
Ian.

Pic: Class 25 and my wee collection of rolling stock.

Those Farish 25s are lovely little locos.
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Smartie6466

Lovely King Charles III Coronation wagon from Peco has just arrived ready for it's celebratory running over Coronation weekend.

Newportnobby

Struck a deal with @Bob G ..........

Plus cash adjustment

=

The class 40 is a stunning runner with directional lighting remaining lit until virtual stop on DC

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations