Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mika

Quote from: Western Exile on March 10, 2015, 06:52:56 PM
A few years back when the Pound and Euro were almost 1:1, it was a different story...

Yes, I remember that. Although I quite liked it... :D
Now I hope for a swift arrival of my Cumbrian Mountain Express set as every day the exchange rates continue to develop against my favour... :veryangry:

Dylan Cole

Luke Piewalker

So I bought a Stobart 66 because they were selling them cheap in the DRS online shop, and then I got the weathered Megafret at Model Rail Scotland because I needed something for it to pull, then on the ebay..... crap... it's not cheap anymore...  :-[

stobwag by Luke Piewalker, on Flickr

Stevie DC

Well, I moved to my new place back in September and I am only just getting to the point where my reference books and modelling stuff is getting unpacked. However, I've not been idle during this time and have been searching for bargains - so actually six months worth of locomotive purchases...

What you see here is:
4 x A1
4 x B1 (with enough spare parts to build two more)
4 x Jubilee
2 x American 2-8-0
2 x 3MT
2 x 4MT
1 x 5MT
4 x J39 (with thanks to RoyLS for one of these)
1 x Pannier
1 x M7
2 x Kato C11 (with enough parts to build 3 more)

Everything here will be used for conversions and commission work. Many will not remain with me...  :(

Roy L S

Purchased from Lord & Butler yesterday at St Neots Show - this little beauty...

[smg id=22869]

Stevie DC

Quote from: Roy L S on March 15, 2015, 12:10:22 PM
Purchased from Lord & Butler yesterday at St Neots Show - this little beauty...

[smg id=22869]

Ooooh, that looks nice! Hmmm, Southern Q class conversion maybe...  ;)

NeMo

Ivor the Engine... of sorts... from the Model Centre (in the former Allders of Croydon department store). Couldn't resist for £41. It's apparently a limited edition for Modelzone. But on the downside, by all accounts was pretty much marooned at a single depot in southeast London!

Should I weather it...? Keep it in mint condition...? Decisions, decisions...

While there's not the biggest range of rolling stock extant at this shop, there's a huge variety of modelling supplies including Woodland Scenics stuff, all at half price. Some kits and ready-to-plonk buildings too. Mind you, every time I visit and expect to find nothing new, there's something else on sale. This visit I found this shunter, a few weeks before a Farish Class 31... definitely worth popping in if you're in the area.

Cheers, NeMo

(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Plainline.

Hi Nemo, I purchased the very same loco from the same store yesterday too. Have had some bargains from here in the past!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Atso on March 15, 2015, 11:23:00 AM
Well, I moved to my new place back in September and I am only just getting to the point where my reference books and modelling stuff is getting unpacked. However, I've not been idle during this time and have been searching for bargains - so actually six months worth of locomotive purchases...

What you see here is:
4 x A1
4 x B1 (with enough spare parts to build two more)
4 x Jubilee
2 x American 2-8-0
2 x 3MT
2 x 4MT
1 x 5MT
4 x J39 (with thanks to RoyLS for one of these)
1 x Pannier
1 x M7
2 x Kato C11 (with enough parts to build 3 more)

Everything here will be used for conversions and commission work. Many will not remain with me...  :(

Please desist, Steve. You're creating a shortage for the rest of us! :P

Croxy

Just arrived from Dapol....lightly oiled and ready to run in.......A3 Bayardo.

If you like it run it......

jivebunny

Loving the A3, wish I had a reason to run one!

Parcel from Hattons arrived today, allowing me to complete two little rolling stock projects while work gets underway on the future layout room:

1) Two RNA barrier wagons and a Civil Engineers brake van, to complement my two FNA nuclear flask wagons and complete the train. Just need to acquire appropriate traction now as I don't remember many 37s being on these in the Chester in pre-DRS days.

2) An Executive-liveried HST, firstly to complete my Swallow-liveried HST rake (the cars in this bookset are Swallow-liveried - just need the TGS now), and secondly to provide alternative power cars for late 80s operation. Oh and thirdly to give me a reason to spend money on a full rake of Executive-liveried coaches. One of the TFOs will be converted to a TSO, as three first class coaches on a cross-country set was pretty rare :'(

And the same Executive power cars with the rest of my Cross Country HST fleet, giving me a full house to model Chester from 1983 to 1999 (bar the aforementioned Executive coaches).

JB

port perran

Purchased the Dapol Ivatt 2-6-2T as it's a must for an ex LSWR North Cornwall model.
It ran really well in both directions from the outset (having completed the oiling as recommended in the instruction sheet).
Nice detailing although the motion does look a bit clunky perhaps.
The loco runs well at slow speeds and negotiates Insulfrog points really well.
My only other 2-6-2Ts are the earlier Dapol praries (Ex GW 45XX) and I've always had problems with the pony trucks derailing at complex poiontwork.  Thankfully, the Ivatt suffers no such problems.
Overall a very nice model which runs well - very pleased (and only£55-99).
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

The jury is still out on whether I will replace my aged Minitrix Ivatt with a Dapol one.
Such mixed reviews of the latter one, but I'm glad you have got a good 'un, Martin :thumbsup:

Roy L S

Quote from: newportnobby on March 16, 2015, 04:52:37 PM
The jury is still out on whether I will replace my aged Minitrix Ivatt with a Dapol one.
Such mixed reviews of the latter one, but I'm glad you have got a good 'un, Martin :thumbsup:

I sold both my first release ones on. They had no pickup on the trailing bogie (although the EP did). Later ones (icluding the push-pull one which I still have) has these pickups and are much better runners in my experience.

I would have to admit that next to the contemporary M7 and 45xx the Ivatt isn't that bad but looks very dated indeed next to the latest Farish offerings as one would expect (including it's tender-engine "twin" which is in a totally different league in every respect).

Roy

Plainline.

[smg id=22966 type=preview align=center caption="image"]
Picked up these bargains at the weekend. Not my favourite 08 livery but at £41 I could'nt say no!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations