Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Bah! I only went to my local emporium to see if they had the new Metcalfe single track loco shed in stone but it wasn't in stock yet. Instead I came away with £93 worth of this.....

Disgusted with myself for being such a weak-willed old Hector :-[ ;) :D

Roy L S

Quote from: Only Me on June 23, 2014, 12:40:28 PM
Isn't that the old version ?

Did you miss a smiley off? Don't be so cruel!

Looks like a new one to me - look at the separate handrails and those fan grilles!

Roy

Newportnobby

You had me going for a moment there, Paul :telloff:
Nah - it's 371-285 straight from the last Farish catalogue and has lights :sweat:
The Searchers had a No.1  hit singing about it - Needles and Pinza :doh:

davieb

Quote from: newportnobby on June 23, 2014, 12:33:32 PM
Bah! I only went to my local emporium to see if they had the new Metcalfe single track loco shed in stone but it wasn't in stock yet. Instead I came away with £93 worth of this.....

Disgusted with myself for being such a weak-willed old Hector :-[ ;) :D

Funnily enough I have been to the same emporium this afternoon  :hmmm:
And managed to overcome my desire for a Deltic and just came away with a goods shed and knife blades  :angel:

But it does look good  :hmmm:  but even better with SYWP  :D

dave  :thumbsup:

d-a-n

Quote from: davieb on June 23, 2014, 05:09:05 PM
But it does look good  :hmmm:  but even better with SYWP  :D

Indeed it does!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

scotsoft

It is a lovely beast Mick, I do like the green with the white cabs, makes it look very classy in my eyes  :thumbsup:

However I think I can beat your weak-willed old Hector  :D

I went out one Saturday for a haircut, got back home minus the haircut but with a £750 camcorder  :-[  :angel:  :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.

Newportnobby

Once again I can lay the blame fairly and squarely at DavieB's door.
He mentioned in a phone call last night he may be going to the emporium so, having been to the Post Office this morning, I thought I'd check to see if they had the goods shed.
I trust you agree with me, good folk, if he hadn't even mentioned it, I wouldn't even have gone there ::) >:D :angel:

davieb

Quote from: newportnobby on June 23, 2014, 06:55:21 PM
Once again I can lay the blame fairly and squarely at DavieB's door.
He mentioned in a phone call last night he may be going to the emporium so, having been to the Post Office this morning, I thought I'd check to see if they had the goods shed.
I trust you agree with me, good folk, if he hadn't even mentioned it, I wouldn't even have gone there ::) >:D :angel:

I'm sure what you meant to say was that you went to said emporium earlier to beat me to any bargains they might have  :P  :D

Newportnobby

If it may please the learned jury, I reached said emporium at 11.45am. How could I have known what time the defendant intended to visit?
Methinks he dost protest too much :)
Hang on, while I polish up my Teflon shoulders :laugh:

scotrail

My latest purchase;

Farish 47 635 THE LASS O BALLOCHMYLE with the dapol scotrail coaches, with passing starthclyde 158. (yes I know not all same era but I like them all the same :) )

I should probably make more progress with the layout!!

scotsoft

Even though I mainly run US locos, I also have The Lass O' Ballochmyle and the reason being my mothers maiden name is Balloch  :D

As for getting on with your layout, yes you should but continuous testing of track as it gets laid is vital to smooth operating at a later date  :angel:  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

steve836

[
On the lookout for more RTC stock now - will maybe try some Electra vinyls and produce the monitoring van/VBA conversion. That looks to be an easy introduction into the world of vinyls, which I've been looking to get into for a while.
[/quote]
I always felt that Derby RTC would make a fun layout. What are you going to do about the maglev.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Malc

Not a new purchase, it was a leaving present, but just had sound fitted by Douglas at Wickness models and he sent me a link to a video he had done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfSM7huo0ys
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Talisman56: I bought exactly the same trio on my recent trip. Very cool. :thumbsup:

Mick: you resisted at Wigan... but you obviously realised Bealman has impeccable taste after all  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

jivebunny

Ok so it's slightly the wrong scale for this forum, but I've wanted one of these ever since my parents - quite rightly - told six-year old me that the Gordon trainset was too expensive for Father Christmas (there's currently one on eBay for £245). Ended up with the Thomas set instead, which I spent many years making up stories with, alongside my dad's old Triang 3F which I had christened "Robert"...  :D

So when I found this one brand new and boxed for a decent price I just couldn't say no. I've unscrewed the Hornby couplings, and will be detailing it up a bit and shortening the tender coupling bar before putting it on display. This later model seems to be a major improvement over the one I remember from the late 80s, which I think used an tired old Triang chassis.

JB

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations