Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

Nice buy and a great collection, I wish you luck with the Accumate couplers I had heaps of trouble with them and finally decided to spend $400au 220 quid UK on Microtrains Trucks and Couplers, problem solved, there can also be problems with Kato couplers and other brands of stock.

Funny thing is I am having a wee bit of trouble with Atlas couplers being a problem with my HO American stock, thankfully I only have Atlas locos with only a small amount of Atlas rolling stock but they do have a habit of uncoupling the train when hooked next to a Kadee fitted item.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

jlineton

Knotsford Junction has a new addition to the fleet!

What a great runner it is too!  :D

mickeyflinn

Just running in this little beauty;
[smg id=11787]  :D

Less than £75 including postage off eBay. Sold as used but mint, it's definitely mint and looking at the wheels it didn't look used at all.

Now thinking of renumbering it to D6320 (I know they make that number, but not at that price), and having it's nameplate made - Lister is my surname and didn't know D6230 had been named.

Questions I have to ask are where's the best place to get the numbers from (and how easy is it to remove Dapol numbering), and where to get the nameplate from? From checking on the internet, D6230 only had a nameplate on one side, but I might have to guess on the design because I can't seem to find any photos.

Newportnobby

Hi Mickey,

That's a damned good price for the class 22 :goggleeyes:

I see you are an NGS member so in the latest NGS Journal there is a very good article about renumbering locos which may help you :thumbsup:

mickeyflinn

Quote from: newportnobby on April 19, 2014, 04:54:48 PM
That's a damned good price for the class 22 :goggleeyes:

That's one of the reasons I bought it.
Off to York tomorrow, so thinking of taking it with me to see if I can source what I need.
Or even to Bamber Bridge next Saturday. Really looking forward to both!

MattJ

The Ivatt 2MT has been growing on me of late, so for Easter I bought one at ModelMania in Bristol...  It's soooo cute!  :D However, a bit later, whilst in Antics getting some paint to start experimenting with weathering I noticed that they unexpectedly had a 6 wheel milk tanker in which I've been looking for a while, so I grabbed it while I could!
They're there for their tea.

scottmitchell74

Man, nice score! You got to love it when you're able to jump on a "buy it now" before anyone else catches on.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Bealman

Yep, nice buys. Interested to hear how that Ivatt runs.... also the 08. I have a weathered 08 also which runs fine but catches on a platform, but that's not it's fault. I have heard varying reports about the 2MT, though.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

portland-docks

went to york yesterday, came out with an american 4-6-6-4 challenger, dcc sound fitted. normally seen going for £300+ on ebay, picked it up for £200 from plus daughters.

got home and started thinking...is it too big for uk layouts? was thinking of using it as a visiting loco on moorside :P

what do we think?
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

GeeBee

I have finally got to run these three in properly, they are now DCC chipped and run beautifully

[smg id=11793]

[smg id=11794]

[smg id=11795]

Cheers,
Graham

GeeBee

Thanks for that I will try to reset it
Graham

Tried to reset it can't seem to get it to work  :sorrysign:

scotsoft

Quote from: GeeBee on April 20, 2014, 10:49:11 AM
Thanks for that I will try to reset it
Graham

Tried to reset it can't seem to get it to work  :sorrysign:

It should be fixed now  ;)

cheers John.

portland-docks

i like the 37 and the 47(?) im no diesel expert lol

im after a couple diesels i can have in my dcc set, but im limited to what i can get as its for my west coast railway set, so 33/37/47 and 57 is what im limited to
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

MattJ

Quote from: Bealman on April 20, 2014, 06:46:56 AM
Yep, nice buys. Interested to hear how that Ivatt runs...

Like this!  :)

2mt running

(Accompanied by The Pogues on 6 Music...)
They're there for their tea.

GeeBee

Quote from: portland-docks on April 20, 2014, 12:57:28 PM
i like the 37 and the 47(?) im no diesel expert lol

im after a couple diesels i can have in my dcc set, but im limited to what i can get as its for my west coast railway set, so 33/37/47 and 57 is what im limited to

That is the FGW Class 57 sorry took the photo's in the evening on my desk
Graham

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations