My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Indeed we have so I made the most of the situation last night. I also stocked up at home during the week in case I have to self insulate  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

weave

:'(. Saturday is my only proper pub fix day with the lads. No TV sport last week but we still chat and attempt the crossword.

Co. Jones as they say in Spain  :veryangry:.

Will have to revert back to when we were 16 and drink cider in the park although too blimmin' cold  :doh:.

Thanks Boris you paranoid  :censored:

Cheers weave  :beers:

Bealman

No such restrictions at Hobart airport this afternoon  fortunately.

Back in Sydney now, and it wouldn't surprise me if many or all domestic flights will be suspended next week.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

a friend of mine came back from Sydney in peak hour last week, with only 15 on the plane. normally a every 15 min service at peak hour down to 1 an hour and still only 15 on the plane.

Bealman

The plane this afternoon was pretty full! This of course negates the 1.5m separation limit.

I always book the seats right at the back of the plane, and had them to ourselves on the way to Tasmania and back, so at least there was some degree of separation.

joe cassidy

In France we've been confined to barracks since Tuesday.

All shops, bars, and restaurants are closed except food shops, chemists, and tobacconists.

weave

Just rang the local Co-Op. Unlike the Sainsburys in the little town near me they've had a delivery of cider this morning and have plenty of Cava (for the good lady) so off there soon and 'I'll feel fine'  :thumbsup:......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA_CndlBu0g 

Safe trip home George and please don't hang around the bus stop taking pics on your return when they've potentially stopped all the buses as they'll think you're weirder than they normally do  :D

Bealman

Home now. Taxi from airport to daughter's place in Randwick, she wouldn't let us go in, she'd put our car keys outside and we had to wave at granddaughter through the window.

Then drove straight to Wollongong. Having driven from Launceston to Hobart at lunch time and then home from Sydney, I'm pretty knackered.  :beers:

anselm

Quote from: Bealman on March 21, 2020, 11:01:54 AM
Home now. Taxi from airport to daughter's place in Randwick, she wouldn't let us go in, she'd put our car keys outside and we had to wave at granddaughter through the window.

Then drove straight to Wollongong. Having driven from Launceston to Hobart at lunch time and then home from Sydney, I'm pretty knackered.  :beers:

Glad you've arrived safely.

weave

Hi George,

Hope that experience wasn't as bad as it sounds.

Anyway, glad you're back safely.

RailGooner

Taxi from airport to daughter's place in Randwick, she wouldn't let us go in, she'd put our car keys outside and we had to wave at granddaughter through the window.

You've a very sensible daughter. :beers:

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 21, 2020, 11:39:08 AM
Strewth, Mate! That VB looks like very flat gnat's piddle :goggleeyes:
@Trainfish What say you, John? ;) ;)

So flat I didn't even notice anything in the bottle or glass previously. VB tastes like gnat's piddle anyway.

This is what you want. I have to admit the cupboard is a little bare right now with only about 50 cans/bottles but there are quite a few more in the beer fridges and 20 en route from a supplier. They should keep me happy for a couple of weeks anyway. If not Majestic do a great range of beer in their shop rather than online:

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

railsquid

Quote from: Trainfish on March 21, 2020, 01:02:25 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on March 21, 2020, 11:39:08 AM
Strewth, Mate! That VB looks like very flat gnat's piddle :goggleeyes:
@Trainfish What say you, John? ;) ;)

So flat I didn't even notice anything in the bottle or glass previously. VB tastes like gnat's piddle anyway.

I have some worried epidemiologists on the line demanding to know the circumstances and context in which you came to know how gnat's piddle tastes.

railsquid

Good to hear people are taking this seriously.

The c-virus only needs to be lucky once, you need to be lucky every time you meet someone.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations