NGF Photographic Competition 2014

Started by Newportnobby, April 30, 2014, 10:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

The NGF is holding a photographic competition for the second time - a great chance for you to get snapping and enter.
Due to hosting issues, the competition will not open until the transfer to the new host has been made (estimated 1st May) and only then will the relevant galleries be created for you to upload your entries to.The prize will be a 'virtual' prize entered against your name on the forum so it will reside with you until the next one and let the N gauge world know you are an expert with your camera. We are pleased to announce that Steve Flint, editor of Railway Modeller, will be the sole and final judge of the competition, but there are rules to be strictly observed please.

Rules

1.Photos must be railway or model railway related (there are separate boards in the media file)
2.Photos must be your own work.
3.There is a strict limit of 2 photos per person (if more are posted the post will be deleted and you will have to resubmit)
4.Photos must not exceed 500kb.
5.A 12 word allowance is given for type of camera used, date photo taken and location
6.No comments about the photos can be accepted from other members (they will be deleted!)
7. Closing date is 31st July 2014

Please remember the photo itself is being judged and not the subject.

How to enter

Ensure that your photographs are less than 500kb in size. Photographs will not load if the size is bigger

There are two galleries - one for Model Railway photos and the other for Real Railway photos. Ensure you upload your photo to the correct gallery. Enter brief details about the camera and date and location into the description box (about 12 words or less)

If you need help with picture resizing or uploading to the gallery then consult our Help Pages

Sorry about not allowing comments but we need clear boards for Steve to be able to look at so as to make his job as easy as possible  :thankyousign:

Most of all - enjoy!
:photospleasesign: :thankyousign:

Malc

Mick, can you just refresh my memory, who won last year?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Hi Malc,

Please see reply #53 in the 2013 competition thread for all the results of the last one

Alex

where about are the galleries? can only see last years.

Alex

Newportnobby

Hi Alex,

We were waiting for the host changeover before adding the galleries and this only occurred yesterday so rest assured they won't be long in being added :thumbsup:

d-a-n

Newportnobby

Yep - d-a-n won the Real Railway section of the 2013 competition.
If you click on the icon fourth from the left under his avatar you will then see the award.
Go for it, folks! :D

Newportnobby

Hi Everyone :wave:

The galleries are now to be found in the media section so when you think you have your entries ready (no more than 2 per person over the 2 galleries!) feel free to post them in the relevant gallery. Entries must be limited to still photographs - for full rules please see the OP and, if you have any questions, drop me a PM please.
I'd suggest you only post your entries when you're sure it/they have a chance of winning ;)

Real Railways
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=863

Model Railways
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=862

Good luck :)

Newportnobby

:bump:

I know the deadline is 31st July, but we only have 4 entries in the model railway section and none in the real railway section, despite seeing folks have been out and about to steam/diesel galas etc.
Come on, folks.  :photospleasesign:
:thankyousign:

Alex

Hi,

Can you confirm the number of photos per person. Is it two in total or two per gallery?

Alex  :wave:

scotsoft

Quote from: Alex on June 23, 2014, 07:54:34 PM
Hi,

Can you confirm the number of photos per person. Is it two in total or two per gallery?

Alex  :wave:

It is two in total Alex  ;)

cheers John.

Bealman

Don't worry Mick mine are coming (I upgraded meself to 1st class on the Festiniog, remember)... I just haven't got round to putting them on my computer yet!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Dave95979

I have put one on real railway hope to get another from the watercress line near ish to where i live soon

GeeBee

Hi, I have added one to real railways, still thinking about the other
Graham

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations