what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

Been making a stables comples for a corner of the layout. Made all the buildings in outline. Waiting for the paint to dry on the windows and doors. Have to get some horses this week to stick their heads out above the bottom half of the stable doors.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Caz

Quote from: newportnobby on November 11, 2012, 04:07:45 PM
Sorry, Caz.
Hope you're not too badly hurt :-*

Only the tip and nail of one finger and of course pride  :smackedface:, I don't have a lot of arm strength so have to put my whole body behind it to cut the stuff and if the knife slips I'm in trouble   :veryangry:  .  Thanks for the music,very nice.   :)   On the bright side, the valley is looking good and I've only got one more small bit of foam to cut.  I think I keep the Elastoplast factory on 24 hours shifts just to keep up with me  :smiley-laughing:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Sprintex

Currently trying to finish weathering the other ten 'Ford' VGA wagons to go with the six I did ages ago  ::)

Sides done, waiting for the fixative to dry before tackling the roofs. Then only 40 buffers to paint  :'( and they're finished  :bounce:

Paul

Donkey

Oh no Caz  :o hope its not too sore. Might I suggest putting your feet up with "a medicinal one (or two)" and just watching the trains going round for a bit of therapy?

Marty

Kipper

In a recent (current?) Model Rail magazine, there was a small trackplan booklet. Included in the booklet was a 6x4 00 plan, which I would like to do in N. Having laid some track, I found that my 4x2 board was not wide enough to take all the track, as it needs to be more than 2 feet. If the ratio is not 2:1, such that 6x4 in00 = 3x2 in N, can anyone give me the conversion from 00 to N, for future reference?

Chinahand

Wiring up my points control panels while I wait for my boards to be made by MRS. Almost 1,000 soldered connections and I'm about 2/3 the way through.
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

Caz

Quote from: Chinahand on November 11, 2012, 10:05:13 PM
Wiring up my points control panels while I wait for my boards to be made by MRS. Almost 1,000 soldered connections and I'm about 2/3 the way through.

The pleasures of running a railway  ;D
Caz
layout here
Hackton info
Bampney info

Oldman

Trying to remember where i put my spare roll of cable.
Have been playing trains tonight and discovered I need to add a couple more power feeds.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Trainfish

Quote from: Kipper on November 11, 2012, 08:39:13 PM
In a recent (current?) Model Rail magazine, there was a small trackplan booklet. Included in the booklet was a 6x4 00 plan, which I would like to do in N. Having laid some track, I found that my 4x2 board was not wide enough to take all the track, as it needs to be more than 2 feet. If the ratio is not 2:1, such that 6x4 in00 = 3x2 in N, can anyone give me the conversion from 00 to N, for future reference?

For 1:76 to 1:148 I make it 1.947368423:1
Roughly
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Kipper

Cheers Trainfish. I was wondering if the 00 curves were proportionally the same as N curves, but that may have been another contributory factor. Will have to have a go designing it on a track plan package on the Mac.

Trainfish

Or the other way of looking at it is 2:1.027027026
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

OwL

Currently running in an EWS class 60. Unlike other 60 models, this one seems rather noisy
Earlier I put together the small detailing parts supplied with a Farish SPA steel coil wagon.
Soooooo fidly!

Been doing sporadic cleaning and posing of a few vehicles including a CAT digger.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Sprintex

Quote from: Trainfish on November 11, 2012, 10:34:18 PM
Quote from: Kipper on November 11, 2012, 08:39:13 PM

For 1:76 to 1:148 I make it 1.947368423:1
Roughly

Not that easy I'm afraid, not where track is concerned anyway ;)

For instance, Hornby 1st radius curve is 371mm, so half that would be 185.5mm in N, or 7.3 inches - as we all know Peco 1st radius is 228mm or 9 inches :thumbsup:

Paul

Caz

Quote from: Sprintex on November 12, 2012, 10:04:13 AM
as we all know Peco 1st radius is 228mm or 9 inches :thumbsup:

Paul

I didn't, often wondered when people speak about first, second radius curves what they actually were, so thanks for the info Paul  :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35%