The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

You have paid for the service Alan, so you are entitled to that service. As I understand it, your entire contract is with Hattons, so it is up to them to sort out the delivery.

Taken from the 'Citizens Advice' website -

It's the seller's responsibility to make sure items arrive on time and in good condition. If people pay extra for a next-day or other premium delivery service which doesn't arrive when expected they have the right to a refund of the difference between the standard delivery cost and the extra paid for premium delivery.

Get back on to Hattons and tell them that numerous members of the N Gauge Forum are now aware of this problem, so if they want a complimentary mention - "get it sorted".  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest10040

ok, so just phoned Hattons again, and was told that they despatched on time, DPD has a nationwide problem, and I need to contact DPD customer services.
nothing to do with Hattons.

I did read the quote from Citizen Advice, but basically NFI, call DPD.

off for another walk with HB, hat firmly on, steam exhausting via aural orifices  :D

thebrighton

Post on their Facebook face. Always the best way to get a better response as no business likes complaining customers on social media.

guest10040

unfortunately I don't do faceache, twitfeatures etc.

my only 'social media' is this forum, sad isn't it  :-[

dannyboy

Quote from: Redcap244 on June 22, 2022, 02:15:34 PM

nothing to do with Hattons.

Your contract is with Hattons. Unless of course, you told Hattons that you would arrange for DPD to collect the parcel and then contacted DPD and paid them to collect your parcel and deliver it to you. Of course not! If Hattons are aware of problems with DPD they should not be using them and certainly not taking customers money foir next day delivery. I am getting a bit annoyed on your behalf Alan - any room for another on your 'letting off steam' walk?  :)
David.

dannyboy

Quote from: Redcap244 on June 22, 2022, 02:35:58 PM
unfortunately I don't do faceache, twitfeatures etc.

Neither do I. Anybody with a FB account want to post a comment on Hattons page on behalf of Alan.  ???

In fact, thinking about it, do a dozen or so of you want to place a comment? That would certainly make them sit up and take notice!  >:D
David.

guest10040

come the revolution, comrades  :smiley-laughing:

OffshoreAlan

Quote from: dannyboy on June 22, 2022, 02:40:28 PM
.... do a dozen or so of you want to place a comment? That would certainly make them sit up and take notice!  >:D

I can't seem to get it to allow me to post - probably my ignorance rather than anything more sinister. Sorry.

guest10040

following on from yesterday's DPD  / Hattons fiasco, where it ended up that my parcel was now being delivered friday, this morning I got a text to say it was being delivered today

luckily the one hour slot ended five minutes before we need to leave to get SWMBO up to the hospital for an appointment.

so now sorted, parcel delivered, and the reply to my question as to what the system wide problem was yesterday was...

what problem ?

HB, where is your lead  :*(

guest10040

OK, political comment ban rapidly approaching...

but am I the only one that is totally fed up with every time you phone a company / doctors surgery / hospital you get a five minute ramble about Covid, 'we are complying with the latest government advice re covid' etc...

go where you want, see who you want...
do what you want....
covid is over....
so why are so many companies / health authorities etc using covid as an excuse for poor service / not answering call / etc.

so, who is lieing to us, the UK authorities, or these companies / heath authorities etc who have found a great excuse for poor service. ?

jaffa cakes - tick
coffee - nato - tick
cushion, well at 76 my bum does get numb on a wooden naughty step  :-[

@Newportnobby , may I sincerely thank you for your amendment to my original post.

dannyboy

Phew! That was close Alan  ;D. But I agree that Covid is the 'go to' excuse these days for poor service.
David.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on June 24, 2022, 07:01:01 PM
But I agree that Covid is the 'go to' excuse these days for poor service.

And strangely enough, especially from GPs even if you can get past the GP receptionist which turns out to be a Herculean task I singularly fail to complete at every turn. ::)

stevewalker

Just think back to before Covid and such phonecalls inevitably resulted in messages about "an unusually large volume of calls" or similar. Nothing has changed, other than the excuse.

You'll also find that if instead of calling a company's customer service number, you ring the sales number, there is little or no waiting!

Foonting

Prams - on pavements and in shops... or what we used to refer to as pushchairs:
Since the arrival of the McLaren when my own kids were small the humble pram/pushchair has grown like a Soviet athlete on steroids. Our local corner shop can only really host one of the modern crop of behemoths with knobbly 'off road' tyres and sockets for umbrellas and probably a gun turret/minibar too - yet at school go-home time three or four are generally crammed in (leaving no room for other customers). There seems to be an entitled attitude with both mothers and fathers that these T34s of the kinder transport world can take up disabled spaces on buses and tube trains as their progeny are clearly more important than anybody else or their comfort - oh, and they will glare at anyone who asks them to move - the very idea!.

Has the infantile obesity problem become so huge that our mewling descendants require reinforced mobile thrones to convey them about like latter day embodiments of spirit of Xerxes the Great?

Oh and god help you if a 'twin pram' bears down on you on a a narrow pavement ... you will have to leap to safety and take your chances with the traffic or be crushed under its wheels/tracks!

stevewalker

I'd say that mothers often don't have much choice. Trying to hold onto a young child (or two), a change-bag, possibly shopping too and a folded pushchair at the the same time on a bus or train is nigh on impossible and they need to keep the pushchair unfolded and on its wheels to hold the child, change bag and shopping. They may also be forced to travel at fixed times to pick up and drop off a slightly older child and cannot wait for the next bus to keep the disabled area free - especially when they have to make that journey, each way, 10 times a week and so can't go earlier "in-case", because of so much lost time.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations