Meatloaf

Started by Tonye, January 21, 2022, 08:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonye

Rest in Peace Meatloaf .  Aged74. 
Tony .H

Bealman

Yes, he was a force in rock music for a while.

Canadian?

RIP
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Nbodger

The dashboard light has gone out in paradise

RIP

guest311

saw him at the Brighton Centre many, many years ago.

don't know why there were seats, from the moment he came on stage, everyone was on their feet.

even liked his warm up act, a female string quartet  :hmmm:

when they camo out onto the stage I thought for a minute we were in the wrong place, but they rocked the place, and by the time Meatloaf came on the atmosphere was electric, then got better and better.

he will be sorely missed.

Calnefoxile

Quote from: class37025 on January 21, 2022, 09:32:33 AM
saw him at the Brighton Centre many, many years ago.

don't know why there were seats, from the moment he came on stage, everyone was on their feet.

even liked his warm up act, a female string quartet  :hmmm:

when they camo out onto the stage I thought for a minute we were in the wrong place, but they rocked the place, and by the time Meatloaf came on the atmosphere was electric, then got better and better.

he will be sorely missed.

We must've seen the same tour as SWMBO & I saw him at Birmingham Arena with the same warm up act.

Just think of the music that'll be rocking Heaven now as he'll be meeting up with Jim Steinman again.

Sad day, great singer and another icon of my musical youth sadly departed.

Regards

Neal.

Newportnobby

Throughout the free world musical appliances will be belting out 'Bat out of Hell' and other hits :(

crewearpley40

chrism

Quote from: Bealman on January 21, 2022, 08:53:37 AM
Yes, he was a force in rock music for a long while.
Canadian?

Nope, Texan.

Like a bat out of hell, he was gone when the morning came  :'(

GrahamB

The last time a saw him perform was in the open air at Leeds Castle - in a thunderstorm.

Needless to say, he went down a storm.

Bat out of hell is still required playing when I'm riding the Goldwing.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Paul B

I might have to re-watch "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" agan soon, just to see him playing Eddie!
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

dannyboy

I have watched Meat Loaf giving a couple of 'chat show' interviews and he always struck me as being a nice bloke. He put out some fabulous music and as Neal @Calnefoxile says, another icon of my musical youth gone. Okay, I was not exactly a 'youth' when 'Bat Out Of Hell' was released, but I can pretend.   ;) . RIP
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

emjaybee

A sad day indeed. Another legend lost to time.

My wife looked after him some years ago at Heathrow when she was working in Special Services for British Airways. She had to drive him airside from one gate to another, and she said that he was such a nice, genuine, pleasant chap.

He had a broad range of talents. He played Hamlet in a major theatre production as I recall, and if my memory serves me right, he had more film credits than Meryl Streep! He appeared in over 100 movies! Okay, not all major parts, but that's still an impressive filmography.

They just don't make characters like that anymore. He will be greatly missed and fondly remembered.

R.I.P.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Stuarted

Great performer. I will always remember the first time I saw him, on the Old Grey Whistle Test performing "Bat Out of Hell" and "Paradise by the Dashboard Light". I had never heard of him until that moment. Any time I hear those they take me back there. They were so much more than just songs.

Bealman

I remember the impact he had when he first appeared on the radar back in the late seventies. Unfortunately, however, my most recent memory of him is not good - he performed at a football final here in Australia some years ago, and it was not good.

A shame, because the man was obviously very talented.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations