NGF Photographic Competition 2014

Started by Newportnobby, April 30, 2014, 10:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr chapman

Does the model railway picture have to be N? I know its the NGF but...
DCC southern modeller

Sipat

Entries submitted... fingers crossed!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Mr chapman on July 29, 2014, 03:05:48 PM
Does the model railway picture have to be N? I know its the NGF but...

It doesn't have to be N (but of course we prefer that)
It's the photo which is being judged, not the gauge :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Just 2 and a bit days to go now, folks.
Please remember only 2 entries per person total, not per section :no:
We'll be locking the sections down on the morning of 1st August and then your photo's fate will be in the hands of our esteemed judge, Steve Flint, editor of Railway Modeller magazine.

Chris

One entry in each - fingers crossed!

Komata

I'm evidently as thick as the proverbial two planks, 'cos everyone-else  has apparently submitted their entries successfully,  but try as I may, I cannot find any place to place my photo.  I've read and re-read the instruction and checked the galleries for 'something' (without knowing what I am looking for BTW), but exactly WHERE do I place the two 'layout'  images  I want to submit?

Thanks.
"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

Bealman

If you go to 'Albums' in the Media section, you will see a folder 'Photographic Competition 2014 - Model Railways'.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Komata

Bealman:

Thank You; much appreciated.

Mods / admins:

I have entered two images in the Photographic Competition 2014, but for unknown reasons could not initially see either of them.  AFAIK the image size was  in conformance with what was required by the software. An attempt to resubmit has left me with one image (The Trammer within the Poppett Head) visible and two images as 'blind/ blank squares.  Evidently others of the membership can however see these 'blind' images. I unfortunately am unable to delete the 'blind' images to start-over, so can you please delete the duplicated image and advise if I need to re-submit the other one.

Sorry about that; not sure why / how it has occurred.

Hoping that you can help, and thanks in advance.
"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

scottmitchell74

Are we still adhering strictly to the one picture per category? I think there's still some confusion there.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

scotsoft

Quote from: scottmitchell74 on July 31, 2014, 12:15:26 AM
Are we still adhering strictly to the one picture per category? I think there's still some confusion there.

You may have two in the same category if you wish.

However, you may not have two in each category.

cheers John.

ScottyStitch

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere....but is there a date for the announcement of the winner?

Newportnobby

As soon as the closing date was reached, access details were sent to Steve Flint but he's been a way for a few days so probably has a lot to catch up on work-wise.
I'm hoping we'll have the decisions by the end of this month.

Newportnobby

OK Folks,

The results are through from Steve Flint (comments are his) as follows:-

Real Railways

Winner 

87002 and 87001 at Stafford entered by Tutenkamunsleeping

This is both colourful and striking, good traditional railway composition.

Highly Commended

Strathspey Railroad August 2000 entered by Keerout

An unusual viewpoint and composition on a heritage railway, where getting an original shot or angle is often hard to achieve.

Model Railways

Winner   

86436 approaching Kirkholme with the mail entered by SD35

Although the photo is technically weak (ie lacking in depth of field), this eye-catching and life-like composition for a model train in action makes for a great image

Highly Commended

37688 on Bidgebury Gate entered by Russell H

Same comments as above really, again thoughtful composition looking down the train pulls it off.

Huge Congratulations to the winners & runners up, and thanks to everyone who took part in this years competition. We hope to run this again next year.

The Winners of each category will have their 'virtual awards' posted next to their avatar as soon as it can be arranged

CarriageShed

Congratulations Russ. Told you it was a good photo ;)  Congrats also to Tutenkamunsleeping!

Agrippa

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations