PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR BREAKS COVER

Started by acko22, September 11, 2016, 08:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben A

Hello all,

Just to confirm once the Bank Holiday weekend is over we are anticipating that these models will begin shipping from Dapol to us, and from us to supporters.

Once the models are with us they will be packaged with their certificates and posted out as quickly as possible, given the constraint that this work will have to fit around "proper" jobs.

I know Gareth had planned to do all this himself but cannot for very good reasons so Mike and I are happy to step in and help out.

Cheers

Ben A.

rusticged

:wave: :thumbsup:
Thanks Mike and Ben
Your help is greatly appreciated!!!
Cheers,
Ged.
Rusticged

Layout: 'Leefield & Ashpeth'
Modelling Freelance British outline from the 1960s to the Present day.

dannyboy

Quote from: rusticged on May 01, 2017, 04:04:47 PM
Thanks Mike and Ben
Cheers,
Ged.

Seconded  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Mustermark

Quote from: dannyboy on May 01, 2017, 08:28:56 PM
Quote from: rusticged on May 01, 2017, 04:04:47 PM
Thanks Mike and Ben
Cheers,
Ged.

Seconded  :beers:

Thirded. Top chaps, all of you.  :beers:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

LeftToMyOwnDevices

Quote from: Ben A on May 01, 2017, 09:50:43 AM

Hello all,

Just to confirm once the Bank Holiday weekend is over we are anticipating that these models will begin shipping from Dapol to us, and from us to supporters.

Once the models are with us they will be packaged with their certificates and posted out as quickly as possible, given the constraint that this work will have to fit around "proper" jobs.

Ben,

I notice that your website is also saying:
QuoteAlternatively you can collect your model at DEMU's Showcase exhibition on 3/4 June 2017 at Burton.

For myself, I am quite happy wait until DEMU's Showcase exhibition, if that saves you the hassle of posting out. As I suggested before (for the York show), that £7 postage saved can go to the ABF.

Wonder if there is a more appropriate way for others to indicate this...?
Probably, not through multiple postings on this Forum, perhaps. :worried:

I am actually not in a desperate rush to get mine. Frankly, candidly speaking, I'm not interested in Class 66s; but I am interested in the laudable work that Gareth is doing – hence I am prepared to put my money where my mouth is, on this one...

Appreciate that others might be more 'desperate' to get hold of theirs...
...but we might want to pause and reflect on why this locomotive is being produced...

Charles.
"Underground, Overground: Our friends Electric"

acko22

Hi All,

I am still sat in far flung lands so a fleeting visit while I have a few hours to spare but I have good news. Thanks to revolution trains the models are in the post to you all and should be with you in days few.

I want to say a big thank you to all who have supported the project so far and I hope you enjoy your models when they arrrive.
Plus you will all get them before me as I am not due back for a while yet.

Gareth
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Cazadoom

Arrived in the post this morning!

Great job Gareth ... All your hard work has paid off!! and to everyone else involded!

RailGooner

Yep got mine too. A great model - well chuffed and proud. Thanks and congratulations to Gareth, Freightliner, Dapol, and RevolutioN. :thumbsup:

Sammy2710

Mine too, she's a beauty
lovely job thanks to all

Nighthawk

Me too !
Received this very nice model with this morning's post. Thanks to Gareth, Freightliner, Dapol. Mike & Ben for all their enthusiasm and hard work in bringing this to fruition in support of such a worthy charity.
John D.

acko22

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick one before I crawl into bed, glad you are getting your models and hole you enjoy them, if you know of anyone who you think would like one all I can ask now is please keep spreading the word and let's get all 250 gone and the money to the ABF The Soldiers Charity.

Again I have to thank Revolution trains, Dapol and Freightliner as well as everyone else for all thier help given thier time and we'll honestly the patience of saints for putting up with me!!!!
But also all of you who have bought one if it wasn't for you there would be no money raised to help service personnel their families and veterans in their time of need.

Right now time for me to see about dragging my back side to bed for a few hours.

Gareth
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Vonzack

Mine arrived today in the post, fantastic model, thanks to all involved.

Cheers, Mark.

alibuchan

Thanks Ben and Mike, I received mine today.

Cracking work @acko22 you've done a good job there.

Alistair

StufromEGDL

Great to hear that many people are getting their locos delivered and are happy with them.
As mine is not here yet, I am just wondering how far through the mailing list Gareth's operatives are so far??? :-)

Later,
Stu from EGDL
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

Ben A

Hello all,

Before acko left he gave me a large number of address labels - these have all been posted out with the exception of a few modellers who have indicated they would pick theirs up at DEMU next weekend.

We will also bring some Patriots to sell at DEMU if anyone wants to reserve one please PM me, or email Revolution via the website, and we will amke sure we bring it along and you can pay on the day.

Cheers

Ben A.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations