Dapol N gauge Class 121 - Next 18 version (2D-009-003)

Started by Dalek, December 12, 2018, 12:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalek

Hi

Does anyone know if this has a built in speaker to go with the NEXT-18 socket, like the GF Class 40?

Craig

Bob G

Never heard of the modification to Next 18 capability. Was this announced at the open day?
Bob

njee20

Possibly came on the back of Warley. Mentioned here. They're converting the 86 too in the new batch.

I can't imagine there'll be space for a speaker as that would need a full chassis redesign, rather than just having a new PCB.

Intercity

Hopefully the class 86 PCB will be able to be used in the original models, I think many of us could use some replacements, and fingers crossed they use better diodes this time.

RailGooner

The latest 66s to be announced are listed as Next18 too.

geoffc

Quote from: Intercity on December 12, 2018, 05:22:34 PM
Hopefully the class 86 PCB will be able to be used in the original models, I think many of us could use some replacements, and fingers crossed they use better diodes this time.

I asked this question at Warley, yes they will fit physically but the lights will need some modification

Geoff

Kaput

When asked if the 68's would have prefitted speakers Dapol's response was along the lines of they prefer to leave the choice of speaker up to the customer so it seems like their default stance will be no prefitted speakers.

Bit odd considering if you want to use the speaker space in the 68 you basically only have 1 choice anyway.....

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations