Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

I spoke with Robbie, (http://www.robbiesrollingstock.co.uk), a couple of weeks ago in order to have two wagons made up to my specification.  The wagons are in memory of my parents. Dad was a postman for most of his working life, but once he retired, he started making miniature models out of wood. Mum spent most of her working life working from home, designing and sewing ladies clothing, (which is how I came to meet the late great Roger Moore in the 60's -but that is another story!). I can highly recommend Robbie's work.

(The missing bit of red on the roof edge is not obvious on the model - flippin' camera close up!)

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

Excellent David.
They look really good and its a wonderful tribute.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

cornish yorkie

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 28, 2019, 03:32:35 PM
That's a smashing remembrance to your parents, David
:hellosign: Seconded, they look superb
         regards Derek.
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Webbo

What a terrific idea, David. Presumably, the numbers are your parents's year of birth?

I sympathise with your problem of close-up photography showing up painting flaws. The same thing happened to me with respect to my sloppy painting of wheels evident in my recent Deadwood video which you have seen.

Webbo

Graham

what a great idea, something I would like to consider for my parents.

cheers
Graham

dannyboy

Robbie is very accommodating. All I did was pick which wagon I wanted from his lists and then gave him the amended wording. From initial email to receiving the wagons was 15 days and only cost me £32 and that included posting to Ireland! However, do not all rush to get in your special commissions,  ;), I have asked Robbie to do me some tankers for 'Wakefield Dairies', (see my thread for my layout 'Averingcliffe'). He replied that that would be no problem, but he is rather busy at the moment!

@Webbo - yes the numbers are my parents year of birth. Isn't it amazing how you only see the flaws after the photo' is taken?
David.

paulprice

Well the delivery pixies have dropped off my latest "Landship" pack from Evil Bay

As soon as I get a little more control in my right arm the bolsters will get a repaint into LMS grey, as for the 4F that will have to wait for a good coat of grot and grime, or maybe..............

Skyline2uk

Hello all

So a bit late as I couldn't get the forum to accept photos direct from my phone (I am sure it was related to the recent upgrade and covered elsewhere on the forum), but here are my latest bits:

Firstly, a Farish "Minimodal" 33, which was smuggled under my nose by my in-laws.

It arrived having had its last two digits removed by a previous owner, but otherwise in good nick and a great runner.

I thus took the opportunity to undertake my first ever re-number. This, with the aid of some T-cut and some Fox numbers was partially completed at the Calne MRS:

I had to take all the remaining white numbers off to start with as the replacement DRS set I obtained was a fraction smaller.

I need to do the very small repeaters on the nose ends now  :worried:, but have this very evening won somthing on eBay that should provide motivation....

Also, purchased at Calne itself, where a rather nice Farish lorry and the correct BDA to get me nearer finishing a recreation of a Welsh Nuke train I found a photo of a few years back. Just need another example of the same BDA and Farish to hurry up with their refurbished 31s!

Skyline2uk

Railwaygun

Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Dickydcc

RailGooner

dannyboy

And many more of them, (I meant birthdays not carriages!).
David.

Dickydcc

Thank you. Got to get Thetford Road started again now that we have moved. Also got to get some brave pills to have a go at fitting a sound chip to the class 40

Ricky B

Ay up there Dickydcc. Have just seen this thread. How've you got on with your 40 and the sound decoder?
I'm dipping a toe in the same water before long so your experiences awaited with interest.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations