Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBQFC

my colitis has flared up worse than it has ever been  :poop:
so after a couple of day's trying to get hold of my consultant he got back to me today and i have been put on steroids for the first time 
this could be fun not some of the side affects are increased apatite i already eat like a horse so had better do some food shopping and getting short tempered so the idiots i am in charge of at work had better watch out

:veryangry: :censored:

John

dannyboy

Sorry to hear that John, hopefully it is just a short lived episode.

(I was going to put that I hoped it would not be a long winded episode but thought better of it.  :-X)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

At Tesco for the weekly shop yesterday, and they'd removed all one way directives + the queue to get to a till to pay. It allowed far too many 'close encounters' which I was definitely not happy about. On my way out some senile old  :censored: looked closely at the 'NO ENTRY' sign and then just walked in ::) I suspect he'd forgotten what 'NO' meant.

crewearpley40

What an idiot mick. Bit more civilised in marks Spencer's for me after an idiotic person would not understand stand back as I have received the off and a green light and locked thr unit doors i worked at 0720 this morning and proceeded to use profanities. I just shut the guards door and window and sat back keeping an eye on the station screens and watched the idiot throw a tantrum. After a ms trip to buy 3 essentials the college age kids were in the park sat 6 on a bench and whatever the smell was it was not a cigarette or a pleasant one. Glad I was home by 250pm and shower

The Q

The road I live on has been closed near it's entrance to the main road.
The alternatives,
A  heavily pothole road of dirt and sand.
A green lane,  which although tarmac'd is often under sand,  is very narrow single lane,  with some houses forming the edge,  there is a 90degree corner at one point round a house. It's so narrow brambles scratch both side of the car at the same time, and in some places there grass growing down the middle..

They've put lots of signs around the place,  including two on my driveway, no one asked permission..

Why have the closed the road?,  they're replacing a manhole cover in an adjoining road,  all they are doing in our road is parking their vans.

guest311

down at Tesco's today, got all the stuff on SWMBO's list then headed for the wines and spirits aisle  :thumbsup:

only wanted a couple of bottles of pale cream fortified wine ...

some idiot had dumped his trolley in front of them while he was wandering around looking at spirits.

"excuse me, could you move your trolley please, I need to get to the wines"

ignored  >:(

repeated request

ignored again  :veryangry:

moved his  :censored: trolley

"oi, that's mine"

:veryangry: :veryangry:

"actually it belongs to Tesco, I have asked you politely to move it so I can get to what I want twice, and you have ignored me, so I moved it "

took the last two bottle of pale cream fortified wine ...

"I want a couple of those !"

>:D

bleep, bleep  :)

"well, I've scanned them, both. perhaps in future you might show some thought for others"

"you can't take them, I wanted them"

he's 5' sod all, I'm 6'2", ex forces, he doesn't look like he could peel the skin off a rice pudding  ::)

I've got them in my trolley, scanned on my gun  :thumbsup:

"TOUGH"

tastes even better than usual  :smiley-laughing:

guest311

how it could have gone

down at Tesco's today, got all the stuff on SWMBO's list then headed for the wines and spirits aisle  :thumbsup:

only wanted a couple of bottles of pale cream fortified wine ...

some idiot had dumped his trolley in front of them while he was wandering around looking at spirits.

"excuse me, could you move your trolley please, I need to get to the wines"

"sorry, which are you after?"

"pale cream fortified wine"

"oh, I was after a couple of those after I'd chosen the whisky I wanted"

"oh, only two left, tell you what, I'll take one, you can have the other "

"thanks, one will do me for now"

easy, isn't it ?

Newportnobby

Yes, but then it would have been in the 'Happy Thread' and not so newsworthy as "Oik causes fracas in supermarket" :D

guest311

:hmmm:

oik ?

which of us do you mean ?

does HB need to come round to see you ?

themadhippy

Its a well know fact alcohol leads to aggression
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

stevewalker

Having spent months completely redoing the kitchen (even a new ceiling and wiring), we are getting to the end. We want to get the cupboard doors on and make sure everything is properly squared up before calling someone in to measure up and fit granite or quartz worktops. We are running out of time to do this before our holiday (narrowboating, booked back in January) and so ordered handles last week, so that I could fit the doors this weekend. I checked the tracking number on Friday morning, expecting delivery later in the day, only to find that they have been held in Hermes' depot in Liverpool since Tuesday as the parcel is damaged. I urgently need them this weekend and the package contains 30 handles, even though I only require 22, so even if some are lost or damaged, I will probably be okay. Hermes have no number that lets you speak to a person and using their automated phone service simply directs me to Packlist SL (apparently Ebay), who have no contact numbers either. I managed to use the online chat to speak to Ebay (the Hermes one turned into an email and someone will "get back to you"), Ebay's chat cut me off, because it was taking me too long to type in all the details. The supplier has promised to get back as soon as he can find out what has happened. All I needed was to speak to a person at the depot, who could tell me if at least 22 handles  were still there and intact and they could have just sent it on to me (I'd have even driven the 35 miles each way to pick them up to get them on time) - instead I have had to pay to buy again from another supplier and for next-day delivery. It's all well and good for courier companies to have automated systems, but they can only cope with "my parcel has not arrived" after the due date, "my parcel is marked as delivered, but I have not received it" and the like - there is no option for "you have my parcel and have held it and I need to talk to someone"  :veryangry:

Newportnobby

Oh dear. I'm expecting a parcel from Herpes :uneasy:
Luckily it's not urgent, though.

guest311

Quote from: themadhippy on July 10, 2020, 10:23:18 PM
Its a well know fact alcohol leads to aggression

as does not being able to get to it  :smiley-laughing:

Philip.

I don't know if there are problems with Royal Mail/Parcelforce in the Cornwall area, but they seem to have ground to a halt. The past 3 months of lockdown they have been brilliant but I have 2 items with Royal Mail and 1 with Parcelforce all sitting in the local DO for the last 2 days saying they are ready for delivery.

Not seen sight nor sound of the Postie since Wednesday or any Parcelforce vans knocking around, somethings amiss  :veryangry:

port perran

Seems to be ok here Phillip.
However, we doget days when I'm pretty sure postie doesn't put In an appearance.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations