Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

We've got a happy thread and an angry thread but neither of them are quite right as how I currently feel so I've created this "Unhappy Thread" as a halfway house to express disappointment as opposed to anger.   :)

Finally got my MPD working fully automated if needed, even come up with a design for a low relief roundhouse ala Guildford and now my Fleischmann turntable has decided to die on me.  :headbutt:

It has been working hard lately with all the testing I've put it through so shouldn't complain too much I suppose, just annoyed and a bit  :censored: .

Managed to get it all apart and it seems the motor has expired, the magnets have no pull at all, put some of my neomidium magnets on the outside of the motor at a test and it spun again so seems to prove my suspicions.   :'(

Managed to find a spare on the net and have it on order so hopefully be here later in the week or early next so normal service should be resumed soon.   :sweat:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Bealman

Hmm, interesting, Caz. I have the same turntable, but it's still in the box. I'm wondering if we have any forum members with the same unit who might have had similar problems, or can comment on it's performance?

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: Caz on August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Finally got my MPD working fully automated if needed, even come up with a design for a low relief roundhouse ala Guildford and now my Fleischmann turntable has decided to die on me.  :headbutt:

It has been working hard lately with all the testing I've put it through so shouldn't complain too much I suppose, just annoyed and a bit  :censored: .

Managed to get it all apart and it seems the motor has expired, the magnets have no pull at all, put some of my neomidium magnets on the outside of the motor at a test and it spun again so seems to prove my suspicions.   :'(

Thanks for starting the new thread but your trouble is worrying, not that I would need a turntable, but I think worrying for others here.
A question? Actually two - how old is your turntable and was it still under guarantee?
I thought Fleishmann equipment was supposed to be better than that.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Bealman

Yes, it's Fleischmann, and I too thought the equipment was better. Worrying!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Geoff

I am unhappy with my branch line I thought I had my layout designed right but one of my run off lines is close to a point that it catches the operating lever, ah well I will go back and try again.

I like this unhappy thread.  :thumbsup:
Geoff

Zogbert Splod

Unhappy thread?  :thumbsup:

I don't suppose any of you good folks know where the charger for my electric screwdriver is right now do ya?  If you can find it for me, I'll give you a sixpence to go and get sweeties!

This thread needs a good pinning I say.....
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

Caz

Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on August 27, 2015, 08:20:54 AM

Thanks for starting the new thread but your trouble is worrying, not that I would need a turntable, but I think worrying for others here.
A question? Actually two - how old is your turntable and was it still under guarantee?
I thought Fleishmann equipment was supposed to be better than that.

I bought it second hand via an Ebay equivalent about 4 years ago so definitely out of warranty.  Reading through some other forums it is an occasional known problem with their motors losing power. 

You can buy a new motor (just the motor) for about £42 or a whole new innards (motor, relays, gears, pcbs etc) for about £110 (UK).  As it is very important to the operation of Claywell I've ordered a whole new innards direct from Fleischamann for 119.30 euros so with the current rate of exchange it works out a lot cheaper than the £110 UK price.   ;)
Caz
layout here
Hackton info
Bampney info

Malc

Quote from: Zogbert Splod on August 27, 2015, 11:38:02 AM
Unhappy thread?  :thumbsup:

I don't suppose any of you good folks know where the charger for my electric screwdriver is right now do ya?  If you can find it for me, I'll give you a sixpence to go and get sweeties!

This thread needs a good pinning I say.....
Agree with the pinning @caz and your PDU will be in the last place you look, guaranteed! 😇
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Zogbert Splod

Quote from: Malc on August 27, 2015, 09:33:59 PM
Agree with the pinning @caz and your PDU will be in the last place you look, guaranteed! 😇
Thanks for the help there Malc.  I'll bung you that tanner when I see ya, coz I just checked what it would cost to mail it to ya!  :bounce:
Lovely!

Planning thread:

I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

jonclox

Please please pin this thread. I hoped to start one similar some months ago but nobody came forward and pinned it ::)
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Caz

Quote from: jonclox on August 28, 2015, 09:56:05 AM
Please please pin this thread. I hoped to start one similar some months ago but nobody came forward and pinned it ::)

Glad you like it, now pinned.    :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Hackton info
Bampney info

Malc

I'll be up in Scotland in a couple of weeks, so can pick it up Allan. Any good model shops in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness, Thurso, the Orkneys, Shetlands, Aberdeen or Pitlochry?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Agrippa

Pastimes in Glasgow is worth a visit, lots of used stuff in good condition,
about 6-7 mins from Glasgow centre by subway.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Agrippa

PS to previous post, Harburn Hobbies in Edinburgh worth a visit ,
not the cheapest but v friendly, also Wonderland Models in Edinburgh,
only OO trains but good for materials , paints, plastic kits.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Zogbert Splod

Quote from: Agrippa on August 28, 2015, 11:56:25 AM
...Harburn Hobbies in Edinburgh worth a visit ,
not the cheapest but v friendly...
Second that, a small shop but nice people who do all that they can to help.....
Lovely!

Planning thread:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations