Rails of Sheffield emails - is it just me ?

Started by Dalek, August 04, 2020, 12:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalek

Hi Guys

I've been a subscriber to the emails from Rails for a while now but to be honest they are useless, or is it just me ?
When i preview or open them on my pc the whole thing is absolutely huge, facebook logo, everything is massively oversized, is it just me or does anybody else have this issue ?

Craig

Newportnobby

I've had 2 mails from Rails this morning. One about the Bachmann announcements and one acknowledgement of an order - both no different from normal.
I use a laptop so am used to scrolling down but never side to side

dannyboy

I have had the email from Rails regarding the new releases and, like Mick, only have to scroll down, everything fits side to side. Sounds like it might be something in your settings, but I would have thought that all emails would be affected.  :hmmm:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

ntpntpntp

What email client are you using Craig?   
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Dalek

Yeah , its bizarre, it's only ever emails from Rails, all other emails i get (lots) are ok.

Dalek

Quote from: ntpntpntp on August 04, 2020, 01:10:18 PM
What email client are you using Craig?

Outlook 2003, it seems to be having issues with resizing
If i look at the email on my iphone it's resized but you can tell the font is set to be very large, bit like how some people do eBay auctions and just as annoying  ::)

Craig

ntpntpntp

@Dalek   Thought it looked like a very old version of Outlook  :)   

Things have moved on, maybe the email is making use of modern html5 and your client cannot handle it properly.  I notice the "-->" showing in your screenshot, that's usually a marker for end of some commented out code, or some scripting.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Dalek

Quote from: ntpntpntp on August 04, 2020, 01:27:01 PM
@Dalek   Thought it looked like a very old version of Outlook  :)   

Things have moved on, maybe the email is making use of modern html5 and your client cannot handle it properly.  I notice the "-->" showing in your screenshot, that's usually a marker for end of some commented out code, or some scripting.

Yeah i know it's old, you would think an IT guy could be bothered upgrading   :D

I did suspect it could have been an html 5 issue  :thumbsup:

I will need to have a look for a better/free client. Any suggestions ? Connecting to my own exchange server of similar vintage  :smiley-laughing:

Craig

ntpntpntp

@Dalek

Well I just use the web version of Outlook with my msn account :-)   

SWMBO is running the current pc Outlook client that came with Win10 (I think, or it may be part of Office 365).   I configured it to talk to Plusnet email servers as that's her primary account. 

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Dalek on August 04, 2020, 01:31:36 PM
Yeah i know it's old, you would think an IT guy could be bothered upgrading   :D

We are the worst sometimes, trying to eek out the last bit of use of old software :-)

35+ years in IT, and I still refuse keep up and have a smart phone because I have no interest in being able to watch youtubes of cats whilst sat in the pub  :D    However this means when I need to confirm two-factor authentication with Microsoft I have to fire up an Android emulator on my PC and pretend to be a phone!

Dalek

Quote from: ntpntpntp on August 04, 2020, 02:15:19 PM
Quote from: Dalek on August 04, 2020, 01:31:36 PM

We are the worst sometimes, trying to eek out the last bit of use of old software :-)

35+ years in IT, and I still refuse keep up and have a smart phone because I have no interest in being able to watch youtubes of cats whilst sat in the pub  :D    However this means when I need to confirm two-factor authentication with Microsoft I have to fire up an Android emulator on my PC and pretend to be a phone!

Yeah same here, can't be bothered with all the change for the sake of it and repeat and repeat etc, right i'm off to try thunderbird, i haven't tried that for years :-)

Craig

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations