NGF Photographic Competition 2013

Started by Newportnobby, January 29, 2013, 06:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

The NGF is holding a photographic competition for the first time - a great chance for you to get snapping and enter. The prize will be a 'virtual' prize entered against your name on the forum so it will reside with you until the next one and let the N gauge world know you are an expert with your camera. We are pleased to announce that Steve Flint, editor of Railway Modeller, will be the sole and final judge of the competition, but there are rules to be strictly observed please.

Rules

1.Photos must be railway or model railway related (there are separate boards in the media file)
2.Photos must be your own work.
3.There is a strict limit of 2 photos per person (if more are posted the post will be deleted and you will have to resubmit)
4.Photos must not exceed 500kb.
5.A 12 word allowance is given for type of camera used, date photo taken and location
6.No comments about the photos can be accepted from other members (they will be deleted!)
7. Closing date is April 5th 2013

Please remember the photo itself is being judged and not the subject.

How to enter

Ensure that your photographs are less than 500kb in size. Photographs will not load if the size is bigger

There are two galleries - one for Model Railway photos and the other for Real Railway photos. Ensure you upload your photo to the correct gallery. Enter brief details about the camera and date and location into the description box (about 12 words or less)

If you need help with picture resizing or uploading to the gallery then consult our Help Pages

Sorry about not allowing comments but we need clear boards for Steve to be able to look at so as to make his job as easy as possible :thankyousign:

Most of all - enjoy!
:photospleasesign: :thankyousign:

Link to Real Railways Media Gallery

Link to Model Railways Media Gallery

davieb

Hi Mick  :wave:

just to clarify matters, is it an overall limit of 2 Photos, or is it a limit of 2 Photos Per section  :hmmm:

Sorry for being a bit thick  :-[

dave  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Quote from: davieb on January 30, 2013, 02:55:29 PM

just to clarify matters, is it an overall limit of 2 Photos, or is it a limit of 2 Photos Per section  :hmmm:

Hi Dave,

At this early juncture I think we have to limit entries to just 2 overall. We're really not sure how many entries we are likely to get and don't want to overload the judge. The closing date is a couple of months away, though, so we'll monitor things and let everyone know if this changes. Hope this is OK?

davieb

That's fine by me  :thumbsup: .......Just thought i would make sure  :dunce:

AndyGif

... and the eventual winner will be who ever can manage to catch and snap as many of the mods in compromising situations....  :P

Claude Dreyfus

I take it the model photos aren't restricted to one's own creations... :D

Newportnobby

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on January 30, 2013, 06:03:36 PM
I take it the model photos aren't restricted to one's own creations... :D

No Claude,
As we said, it's the photo being judged not the subject. Pictures of other 'models' can be sent to my private mail address >:D ;)

Tank

longbridge

Sounds like a great idea and a great opportunity to see a selection of great photos, well done Mods  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Quote from: AndyGif on January 30, 2013, 04:30:05 PM
... and the eventual winner will be who ever can manage to catch and snap as many of the mods in compromising situations....  :P

As the forum 'pimp' (not my description) I guess that makes me a prime target :'(
Anyway, it's pics of Steve Flint you'll need :P

Oldman

Just put my entry of a Southern worm up
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Calnefoxile

Quote from: newportnobby on January 30, 2013, 06:08:47 PM
No Claude,
As we said, it's the photo being judged not the subject. Pictures of other 'models' can be sent to my private mail address >:D ;)

Hey Mick,

Does this one score on both levels  ;) ;)

Regards

Neal.

4x2

My two pics are up !

I hope a mobile phone pic counts, if not let me know please ! (it's a good one - honest !)
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Bealman

Couldn't have put that better, NPN! But on a more serious note, are digitally enhanced photos acceptable? Personally, I hope not - I hate the things. I have had a whinge about a certain 'elitist' model railway organisation we have here in Australia before on this forum. I sent them a photo of my Franco-Crosti boilered 9F (featured in my album) for publication in their journal, and, without asking me, they digitally added smoke to the photo. This p..... me off immensely, but in the long run it showed them up big time - the smoke was coming out of the chimney at the front, and not from the side funnel!!  :smiley-laughing:
Anyway, if they are acceptable, I might have a bit play around with me fancy camera.

Cheers,  :beers: George.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations