RIP Paul Price, a wonderful Forum member

Started by Stevie DC, April 29, 2019, 10:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie DC

I've just read this on RMWeb posted by Widnes Model Centre.

It is with great sadness that this blog will go have to go on in our minds and hearts ♥️
Trying to put it into Paul's words and humour. How would he have put it?  I think anyone who read his blogs will know how he would have written it. So have a read of his blogs and laugh with him.

Paul died suddenly on Wednesday 24th April  2019. A giant of a man with an even bigger heart. Taken far too young. What is that they say about the good guys?

The tales he he would tell had me aching with pain. Picture a six feet seven bearded huge male asking the salesman in Curry's to show him how good the light was on a new Hoover he was buying. Even asking if the shop lights could be turned off to see how good the light was. All the while as the young guy is pushing the hoover back and forth with no recognition of Paul humming Freddy  Mercury's I want to break free.

RIP Paul. Forever in our hearts.

Farewell Mr Price, I will really miss our good humoured banter. I hope that you've found a massive LMS layout up there.

[mod]This has been cut from Paul's last thread so we can all remember a really nice guy. Here's Paul's last thread https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=37325.0[/mod]

RailGooner

My condolences to the Price family, you, and all Paul's friends.

daveg

Shocked and saddened.

Smashing bloke.

RIP, PP

Dave G

tutenkhamunsleeping

Train Waiting

This is shocking news.  Thank you very much, Steve, for letting us know.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

weave

Very sad news.

Perhaps someone who knew him could post an RIP thread so that all get to know.

daveg

A huge sadness.

Please will one of the Mods kindly copy the post from Atso (Steve) to the appropriate place.

Dave G

Newportnobby

I am very shocked to hear this news. Having met Paul a few times at shows in our area I can say a more pleasant chap you couldn't hope to meet. So sad :(

Quote from: daveg on April 30, 2019, 08:48:29 AM

Please will one of the Mods kindly copy the post from Atso (Steve) to the appropriate place.

I thought @Tank had created a section where we could remember those no longer with us but, sorry, I just can't find it

crewearpley40

sorry to hear of another of our ngf family passing. lets remember paul,his work,what he achieved and his family.

and maybe a tribute coach ( like the forum did for mr fagg )maybe to run on people's layouts so we can remember him

belstone

I don't know what to say really. Terrible news.  Rest in peace Paul.

Richard

joe cassidy

My thoughts are with the Domestic Overlord.

Does anyone know how to contact him to transmit our condolences ?

If he is reading Paul's e-mails that might work.

Best regards,

Joe

dannyboy

I read the original post regarding the sad passing of Paul, but for some reason have only just realised that is was our Paul.  :o I enjoyed reading his posts about what he was doing, quite a talented man. RIP Paul.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

This is really, really sad news.
I can only add my condolences to the Price family.
Paul will be very sadly missed indeed.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

emjaybee

I'm stunned, I can't believe it. I was only jesting with him on here a few days ago.

I never met the guy, but his sense of humour, helpfulness, encouragement and love of all things railway was  amazing. I was going to PM him in a day or two about a little project I was going to  tackle, because I knew he'd have the answers I needed. I had a lot of fun 'sparring' with him about Jubilees, and whether you could ever have enough of them.

I'll miss his presence on the forum greatly.

M.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Innovationgame

Paul will certainly be sadly missed.  My condolences to the DO. 
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77%