Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Stevieboy:

Yeah, all the recent Farish wagons are really good, but I find the Dapol ones so, too. I wrote a review of a couple in the 'wagon reviews' section if you're interested. Having being in the game a while, the vast majority of my goods stock is Peco, and even Minitrix, unfortunately.

justintime:

I see from the new pic that it's not a baker's dozen, that's a guards van on the end.

Cheers to both of you!  :beers:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

ASFC

Impulse buy on a new delivery at the local model shop!

Some new departmental stock for Chinley TMD.....

Mat. ;)

Bealman

Hi Mat

just clicked on the link and had a look at your layout for the first time. Excellent! (comment posted on your layout  thread)

:thumbsup: George.

swisstony

Not too new but after a run out today at a show one of my Turbostar 170s looked way too clean so out came the dry weathering powders!!

I dont uually do this myself but thought i'd have a go :)

Thoughts welcome!

Bealman

Living as I do here in Oz, I don't get to see Turbostars much, so I don't know where they get dirty - but it looks good to me - very subtly done.  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

Agreed, from memory these don't actually get filthy, so a subtle job like this fits the bill  :D

Skyline2uk

Flounder

Hi,

Here are the latest Farish Class 60s to join my collection.  17 in total now.   :thumbsup:

Both run extremely well as expected, although the tail lights on the Schenker (60011) are slighly brighter than on the Metals (Ben Nevis). Also the Metals is slightly noisier but I expect this to tone down after a few hours running.

[smg id=3753]

[smg id=3752]

Cheers,
Flounder.

stevieboy

Like the 60's!

I should've got mine by now but I'm banned from going to collect it until next weekend  :(

Bad news for me on the 5MT front, the replacement has gone the way of the first one and has started to stick at slow speeds.

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: swisstony on February 23, 2013, 11:29:44 PM
Not too new but after a run out today at a show one of my Turbostar 170s looked way too clean so out came the dry weathering powders!!

Thoughts welcome!

Really nice job even it is one of those post 1967 objects.. A bit of track and a backscene and you should use it for the photo competition.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

The Cuckoo

Quote from: swisstony on February 23, 2013, 11:29:44 PM

Thoughts welcome!

Excellent work  :thumbsup: much better than the pristine look.

The Cuckoo

17 class 60s Flounder :o and I thought I had too many! I only needed Isambard Kingdom Brunel and Cross Fell until they released these two.
Is that now ten different 60s that have been available?

stevieboy

My NGS EWS Queen Mary Brake arrived today, it looks so regal!

Can't wait to hook it up (probably incorrectly) to my Seacow & OCA mixed rake.

scotsoft

I received this today, it took some coaxing to get moving but after a few pushed off it went  ;)

cheers John.

upnick

Quote from: stevieboy on March 06, 2013, 07:02:17 PM
My NGS EWS Queen Mary Brake arrived today, it looks so regal!

Can't wait to hook it up (probably incorrectly) to my Seacow & OCA mixed rake.

Always liked the look  of these Queen   Mary  wagons but think they wont fit in with my era  (steam   transition  late  60's) though  the Bauxite ones may ? 

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations