My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Owing to the strike not many trains through. Freights with one class 66 and one class 70 but I'm sure the Blue Pullman livery HST came through. I just caught a flash of blue and white from a window

crewearpley40

One is correct the Blue Pullman Hst was 46 minutes early Southbound through Carnforth 1540 en route Edinburgh to crewe

I meant interesting steam locos that may have caught your eye in and around the centre

Newportnobby

Unlike many years ago, Steamtown is not open to the public :(
Presumably some eejits compromised 'Elf & Safety'

crewearpley40

Understandable your point. Still great photo.. one can normally see into the yard on the platforms.  Or watch on youtube

Newportnobby

M6 southbound after our meeting was a nightmare (as usual), but I just had a message from George to say they'd just arrived in Chester 4 hours after we parted company in Carnforth!!
He'll probably tell you about it himself but, as a Mod, he'll have to moderate himself ;)

Bealman

Yeah, well 4 long hours later, we're here, and I'm having a beer.  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

crewearpley40

George, after that 4 hour journey to Chester you deserve that beer. Take it your by the River dee in a nice pub ?

Bealman

As for the  :censored: who caused the traffic jam,  :censored: :censored: :censored:

There. I moderated myself.

Bealman

Danger. Feral moderators on the loose!

crewearpley40

Happy days. Almost matching hat and jumper mick

Newportnobby

I hadn't realised @Tank had a camera fitted in the base of the stanchion :laugh:

Graham

Quote from: Bealman on June 02, 2023, 08:35:09 PM
Yeah, well 4 long hours later, we're here, and I'm having a beer.  :beers:
Think you may be at Chester a bit early George, Waterman's new Orribly Oversized creation doesn't open for a while.  ;)

Bealman

I did manage to haul my aging carcass right around the city walls though  :thumbsup:

Bealman

Interesting juxtaposition of bridges at Chester. Railway bridge over river, railway going under the city wall.

I managed to snap a two car ugly thingy hurtling under city wall, even though it was a strike day.

It just dawned on me looking at this that there's no overhead wires here to spoil the picture!

Train Waiting

Great pictures, George.  Thank you.

I love the chimney on the building in the foreground in Reply #1768.  It looks like something I built!

All good wishes

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations