My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

That ole devil moon.

Big moon last night outside the bowlo. More importantly, countdown is now on.... leaving on Qatar airways Monday, ETA Manchester lunchtime Tuesday. York NGS exhibition, here I come!  :thumbsup:

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

crewearpley40

Safe flight George, see you next weekend

weave

I didn't know you lived on Tatooine, George.

They obviously cut out the bit where Luke Skywalker had a McDonalds before Hans flew him to Manchester  :D

Hope you have a great trip  :thumbsup:

Cheers, weave  :beers:

Bealman

Looks a bit like that with the street lights!  :thumbsup:

dannyboy

I hope you have a really good trip George.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

weave

Hi George,

I see on the York thread that you've landed in Blighty - Welcome home! Was just wondering what, if anything, you've been missing (food, drink, scenery etc.) that you might be making a bee-line for?

My mate who lives in Oz says that he can get most things there but some are not quite the same. Sorry for being nosey, just curious.

Have fun  :thumbsup:

Cheers, weave  :beers:

joe cassidy

Bealman

Bus longboat stop.

Bealman is in Yorkshire!

Here, to be precise  :D

crewearpley40

Cool. Enjoy the bar george

Newportnobby

There's always some selfish sod who just drives past when you press the 'take' button ::) ;) No manners :no:

Bealman

That's the best of three. This big bloody juggernaut came screaming round that ninety degree corner.

One of these days that pubs gonna be wiped out!  ;D

crewearpley40

Hope you have family with you and a pleasant ambience in the bar George

Train Waiting

Lucky you, to be in GOC and close to the Leeds & Liverpool canal.  I assume you are heading in the general direction of York and Betty's cafe.

The public house looks totally tickety-boo - there is especially fine, foaming ale to be had in the West Riding.  I know you are a bit unfamiliar with drinking beer at the correct temperature, but this trip might give you an opporchancity to practise.

I'm glad you had a safe flight.

With all good wishes

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Bealman

Bealman is at Beal.

Returning from the Holy Island causeway, he was stopped by a north bound Azuma thingy.

Currently at a bus stop pub in Eyemouth, Scotland.  :beers:

crewearpley40

How was beal ? Did you see the steam charter ?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations