My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinZaPint

Well as some of you will know this is one of my favourite bus stops with a Wetherspoons pub to serve as a bus shelter, I've missed several busses whilst enjoying a modest libation!

For 3 very enjoyable weeks this became my local stop

and in case you were wondering this just 50 yards away became my bus shelter

Madeira is not a beer drinkers paradise! but I did manage to find 2 Craft Breweries one producing a 7percent Iberian stout which was very acceptable. Their stock continental Lager is alright for holidays  :beers: Cheers David
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Bealman

I've been watching this big sucker of a storm moving over the club. Well it's here now complete with sound and light effects.

Funnily enough, it reminded me of that opening scene in the first Star Wars movie, when the little ship was getting chased by the huge one that appears from the top of the screen!

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Interesting but ominous cloud formations.

crewearpley40

Hope that you found a warm place if it chucked it down

TrevL

Curiously, all those UFOs we're used to seeing in some of your photos George, have all seem to have taken up residence in the ceiling inside the Bowlo, you be careful :smiley-laughing:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Bealman

Quote from: crewearpley40 on February 18, 2023, 08:06:52 AM
Hope that you found a warm place if it chucked it down

Warm place? No thanks, Chris... it's been stinking hot all day, hence the storm build up!

crewearpley40

So a nice relief to be outside ?

weave

I think George might get banned from the Bowlo if he had a 'nice relief' outside  :D

crewearpley40

Rephrase that to so was it a nice relief to be outside in a cool spot watching those clouds?

Bealman

Not really, it started pouring just after those pictures, so I went back into the air conditioning in the club.

Anyway I had a beer on the table.  :pint:

Bealman

Bealman

The police!

But for once they weren't after me. The girl far left is my daughter's mate, and is a copper. It was her son's birthday, so the rescue unit turned up. Bealette and GrandBealettes to the right.

Apparently they took off up the road with sirens going and lights flashing. Glad I wasn't there. Would have given me nightmares  :uneasy:

Bealman

$27 a bundle? I'll take two bundles! Drop me bundle, more like  :sick2:

Bealman

Not content with Police Rescue, GrandBealette has to bring in the Fire Brigade!

crewearpley40

Nice photo. Glad your standing out of the way of the h20 george

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations