My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Tasmanian interlude ended. Normal service at the bus stop is resumed.

Seeing as @Nbodger says I'm used to posh restaurants, I thought I'd better get back to the bus stop and take a pic of HIS favourite posh restaurant  :D

The clientele at the bus stop must have missed me while I was on the edge of the Great Southern Ocean.... they left me a block of Cadbury's chocolate!

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Platy767

I was at one of my many municipal libraries today to pick up some SiliconChip magazines, and imagine my surprise to see a Mailbag entry (Letters to the Editor for non-Aussies) headed "Model railway is not a dying hobby". So I start reading this letter and I start thinking "I know who wrote this", and then I turn the page and see the name. Of course, no alias this time! :D

Mark

Bealman

Bealman

Father's Day here in Oz. I got a Dad bag!  :thumbsup:

A radio controlled car, tube of Pringles chips, a bottle of HP sauce, bottle of Guinness, a bar of Cadbury's Old Gold choc, and the July issue of RM!  :thumbsup:

They've got their Dad sussed out!

Bealman

Colourful times at the bus stop near Chez Bealman.

A rainbow and a pink stretch Hummer!

Graham

My first bus stop of the day.

After a successful trip to TINGS at the weekend, it was time to head north. For those who have not made it to Beamish museum it is worth every minute of the time there. Definitely needs more than one day, after 6hrs we had still not seen everything.

Of course on the way up had to drop into NRM, a lot of changes going on, just could not resist posting this one

Bealman

Yes, Beamish is very cool. Not far at all from where I used to live, by the way. The Rocket must have been moved.... I'm sure when I saw it, it was in the Science Museum in London?

Bealman

UCI world cycling championships over, meanwhile back at the bus stop.

Totally evil weather last night, and just had a jumper. At least there was good weather for Wollongong's week in the spotlight.

And yes, a very wet Bealman went through the front door much to the delight of the huge dog from South Australia we are hosting at the moment.  :worried:

The Q

Quote from: Bealman on September 16, 2022, 12:07:27 AM
Yes, Beamish is very cool. Not far at all from where I used to live, by the way. The Rocket must have been moved.... I'm sure when I saw it, it was in the Science Museum in London?
There is the original and at least 7 replicas.. of which a cut away and a working rocket are at the NRM along with the original which arrived there for permanent display. it did used to be at the science museum..

Graham

thanks for that, I must admit I forgot to photo the description plates and could not remember what they said, consequently could not answer George.

Bealman

All good, Graham.  :thumbsup:

Anyway, anybody who's thinking about a trip to sunny Australia, here's the bus stop last night

TrevL

Looks like horizontal rain George.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

joe cassidy

I hope you had your wellies on George ?

Graham

No more comments about the weather in Melbourne, it's a full blue sky down here, plenty of sunshine.

Graham

just got stuck behind this for 15mins as it shunted up and down, traffic controller came up to the car to apologise for delay. I told him not to worry it was the highlight of the day.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations