My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

but where is SA? only asking for a friend who may want to visit similar places you understand.

Bealman

A rocking rollin' rattling ride.

Took a ride on the vintage railcar set from Victor Harbour to Goolwa and back yesterday (30 mins each way). Great!  :thumbsup:

That's not Bealman's bus stop coming up.....

.....its a station!

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Back at THE bus stop.

From this....

....to this. Ah well, thems the shots.  :(

weave

Hi George,

If it makes you feel better, Sunday was spent sitting in the garden in shorts and T shirt enjoying the sun with a few tinnies, today in Hampshire it's lightly snowing with a blimmin' cold wind.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

Ps. Don't worry, I've still got tinnies for inside  :thumbsup:

Papyrus

Quote from: Bealman on March 31, 2022, 05:25:04 AM

The UFOs seem to have multiplied in your absence. I'm worried about the intergalactic McDonalds sign.

Be afraid. Be very afraid...

Cheers,

Chris

Bealman

A new erection while I was in South Australia.

Not sure what it means...

probably a free junior cheeseburger  :worried:

Train Waiting

Quote from: Bealman on April 05, 2022, 10:35:52 AM
A new erection while I was in South Australia.

Not sure what it means...

probably a free junior cheeseburger  :worried:

An impressive erection, no doubt.  But perhaps in a somewhat hazardous location over the road (or is this an optical illusion?).  An unfortunate double-decker bus or a high lorry could play havoc with the tension of the erection which would then be at risk of being left hanging, limply.

I agree the meaning is unclear.  Perhaps you might care to venture into the premises and ask the manager what is the meaning of their erection.

Great picture!

All best wishes

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

dannyboy

Yes, that is some erection. But, like John, I do worry that there could be a rapid 'de-erection' if something came along and could not fit under the erection.  :hmmm:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

weave

Wollongong News Headline - 'SEMI CAUSES A SEMI'.

keithbythe sea

This does raise an interesting point. I wonder if it's necessary to obtain planning permission before having an erection in Wollongong?  :hmmm:

Bealman

No amount of planning permission would enable me to get an erection up.

Wollongong council is useless  :no: ;)

Bealman

Welcome home Bealman.

I know I'm not a fan of South Australia, but the weather was great. Back home the weather has been  :poop:

Wollongong is flooded again and the bowling club is closed again. Here's the creek outside Chez Bealman this morning:

Graham

Just heard on the news you had already had your annual rainfall and only 3mths into the year. You sure are copping it this year.
cheers
Graham

Bealman

Ah, it's only water. My concern is the club being closed.

Opened again this afternoon, though!  :beers:

Train Waiting

A closed Bowlo is an unhappy @Bealman !

:beers:

Best wishes

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations