My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Not the bus stop, but the centre of Wollongong at 8.30am waiting for a dentist appointment at 10.30am.

Those bloody palm street art things are STILL there!  :veryangry:

So why am I two hours early? Cos I had just dropped car off at Wollongong Toyota for a service. As I write this, I've since learned that the brakes are shot and the bill will be $720, the dentist hurt like hell, and the bill for the torture was $408.

More  :veryangry:

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Still, it was a beautiful morning, and I don't go into the town centre too often, so ALMOST enjoyed walking to the dentist, noticing stuff I don't normally pay attention to.

New high rise:

Australian Hydrographic Institute:

State Emergency Services, where my son-in-law recently started work:

And last but not least, Wollongong station on the line to Sydney.

Platy767

Looks nice and quiet.

The elder niece got married at St Michael's a while back. Quite imposing as I drove up Market St and then realised I couldn't turn right, so had to go round the block to the entrance. Lot's of cars from the local constabulary parked around their station just there.

Bealman

That's the place! Next to the courthouse.  :thumbsup:

TrevL

Autumn looks nice downunder. :thumbsup:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Bealman

Yes, Trev, it usually is. My favourite time of year, weather wise.  :thumbsup:

Bealman

Ok, not the bus stop, a little further west. Bealman drove out west to Bathurst last week, and explored a little village by the name of Carcoar.

In terms of Australian history, the place is old. It was sad to see the charming but no longer used station:

Graham

Just a bit farther north at the moment than you George. Stumbled across the old station at Atherton, now a nice little cafe, however there is a bit of a preserved line which was not operating when we were there on Tues.

This place was a hive of activity during WWII as it was one of the main training bases for the Pacific forces.

Bealman

Geez, the Australian contingent are mobile at the moment.... yourself in Atherton, @Webbo on the Barrier Reef.... what's going on?

Platy767

...and I'm going to Paterson on the 16th for the Railmotor Society open day. There is a CPH ride from Paterson to Dungog and return for $10. Hopefully the weather is nice, so I can post a couple of piccies.

Bealman

Cool! Yep, piccies please!  :thumbsup:

weave

Had to google CPH so for any others like me it's a railmotor (sort of railcar) although it doesn't say what CPH stands for (please forgive my ignorance). Looks nice though so agree pics would be good.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

PS. Google 'Paterson to Dungog CPH' as just 'CPH' sends you to a plethora of plumbing and heating companies in the UK  :D

Platy767

This will help...

https://www.trms.org.au/

Mark

I have a whitemetal CPH (assembled and powered, but not finished) and a recently acquired printed CPH with a CTH, trailer from master modeller Phil Badger (https://gophermodels.com.au/) that I have to put together.

I'm hoping to get some good detail shots of the CPH roof plumbing while I'm at Paterson.

weave

You could have just told me, didn't realise I had to do homework  :D

Composite accomodation, Powered and Guard's Compartment (Handbrake). CPH. All very complicated.

Couldn't sleep but think I'll go back to bed now  :) :dighole:

Cheers, weave  :beers:

Platy767

@weave

Thanks for that. Now we both know, cos I didn't before!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations