Waterslide Coachline Decals

Started by Vigo, January 09, 2019, 11:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vigo

Firstly, I couldn't think where best to put this post so if it's in the wrong section then would a mod please move it to the appropriate place.

I have a small carriage project going on at the moment and I need some lining, ie this:

I've looked all the usual sources that I know of - Fox, Railtec, Modelmaster, etc but I can't find what I want. The nearest I've found is from Fox (FRH-2-4213 - Yellow and black Coach Lining) but this, whilst looking perfect on my screen, has a rider saying "PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ITEM IS OVER SCALE FOR 2mm/N BUT HAS MET WITH APPROVAL FROM SOME OF OUR CUSTOMERS WISHING TO LINE OUT COACHES." ..and they're a bit expensive at £13+ postage to chance it on a whim.

I've used Fox products many times in the past and I've always been very happy with them so I would like to ask the learned members of this forum have any of you used this one and if so, how over scale is it and is it noticeable at such a small scale?

Failing that, does anyone know of an alternative source I've not mentioned?

Thanks in advance.
In Memoriam: https://hadfieldsite.wordpress.com/

Latest project: San Pablo - Rural Spain in miniature (HOe ish)

bridgiesimon

Modelmaster do the lining you are looking for but the range is in linbo at the moment between Modelmaster and the N Gauge Society who are taking the N gauge range back under their wing. No idea what the time span for the reintroduction is but likely to be a while so that the guys get time to sort it all out, list it and get it available, also not forgetting they are volunteers as well, many with full time jobs and families.

Best wishes
Simon

trkilliman

I have been down this Road.

Having made and still making several coaches from brass etches, I needed lining. I had some Modelmaster which I found worked well. Then they became unavailable for reasons that have been discussed at length on here. I managed to find two packs on an exhibition trade stand last year but this is nearly depleted.

On another forum there is a page devoted to N/2mm carriage construction. A poster on there suggested that the Modelmaster 4mm lining could well be the same as the N gauge offering. His reasoning being that it's virtually impossible to reproduce N gauge lining to true scale. This pretty much goes in line with what Fox are saying about their 4mm lining being somewhat suitable for N.

I do take your point about a £13 punt on it, and I have so far held back for this reason.

martyn

I use Fox; the carrier is slightly smaller than the Modelmaster version, and it looks good. It may be slightly overscale, but probably the 'best fit'.

I do agree it is a bit pricey, but you are paying for quality (I think!).

Martyn

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations