Weller WHS40 soldering iron

Started by exmouthcraig, January 26, 2019, 07:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exmouthcraig

:help:

Morning All, after receiving my latest track order i dug out my freshly returned from a mate Weller WHS40 soldering station. He had very kindly returned this with a packet of various sized, shaped and angled replacement tips, after he "somehow managed to burn the original tip beyond recognition"

He wasn't joking!! It's half the length it was, burnt to hell and looks more like a pitch fork  :veryangry:

So without losing my temper with him, I thought no bother ill replace the tip and away we go  :censored:

The slotted screw clamping the tip is as burnt as the tip, screw head cheesed off and now im well and truly  :censored:

So presumably Weller are clever enough to allow me to replace the whole iron, I've googled the WHS40 but can't work out which iron i need, it has its own multipin plug to the temperature controlled base rather then a 230v plug so I'm hoping with the wealth of knowledge here, someone else has been left in the same situation and can tell me what I need and from where.

:thankyousign:

themadhippy

why not try a screw extractor, be cheaper than a replacment iron, getting the iron hot should make it easier as well.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Platy767

Hi exmouthcraig.

Having a quick look at RS reveals this one, RS 762-1493. It appears to be a complete iron for the WHS40/40D stations.
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/soldering-irons/7621493/

Mark

exmouthcraig

Beautiful thank you Mark, that's the exact one i need. £52 I think my "mate" might need to dig a bit deeper in his pocket for that!!!!

Lawrence

njee20

No VAT on the Rapid price; definitely cheaper, but not as much as first appears. 

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations