Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevewalker

Following my post in the "Lytchett Manor Models / GEM closing" thread concerning the Skytrex/GEM Beyer-Garratt no longer being available, I spotted a Fleetline/GEM kit on Ebay and managed to win it  :claphappy: No one else bid, possibly because they didn't spot it as it was spelt as "Garrett."

It should arrive by next Saturday and I shall not even look at it, as it is supposed to be a present from my wife.

Skyline2uk

Righty then

Server move aside there is another reason I wouldn't have been active for the last 4 or 5 days...

We are now a household of three.

It is with relief (but very very little sleep) that we announce the arrival of:

Baby Skyline

6/12/2018

Given noth everything went to plan (when do these things ever?) we are so happy to have him home.

Skyline2uk

guest311

great news all is well, but can you survive the next six months on one hour sleep a night  ;D

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Malc

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 09, 2018, 03:24:19 PM
I wouldn't have put that in the Happy Thread, @Malc
If I had an appointment for 09.00 I would not expect them to be running 1¼ hours late. Guess the consultant had more pressing business
Quote from: Newportnobby on December 09, 2018, 03:24:19 PM
I wouldn't have put that in the Happy Thread, @Malc
If I had an appointment for 09.00 I would not expect them to be running 1¼ hours late. Guess the consultant had more pressing business
That is much better than the 5 hours+ that we have had on occasions,
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

TrevL

Really happy the forum is back up and running, was beginning to get withdrawal symptoms.
A big thank you  to @Tank and team.
:thankyousign:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

The Q

Thank you for the site being back,  I hope it will be an improvement.

The last time( Wednesday) I was in the Docs the appointment was for 08:40, I was in at 08:30, I was out by 08:40 and on my way to work...

daffy

Quote from: Skyline2uk on December 09, 2018, 04:05:19 PM
Righty then

Server move aside there is another reason I wouldn't have been active for the last 4 or 5 days...

Baby Skyline

6/12/2018

Given noth everything went to plan (when do these things ever?) we are so happy to have him home.

Skyline2uk

Congratulations to Mum and Dad in becoming proud parents for the first time! :thumbsup: :beers:

It is only proper that railway modellers should take the time to also model someone they can indoctinate educate in the art, and who will be there to stand upon the footplate and sound the whistle into the future.
:D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Skyline2uk

Quote from: daffy on December 09, 2018, 05:54:39 PM
Righty then

Baby Skyline

6/12/2018

Skyline2uk

Congratulations to Mum and Dad in becoming proud parents for the first time! :thumbsup: :beers:

It is only proper that railway modellers should take the time to also model someone they can indoctinate educate in the art, and who will be there to stand upon the footplate and sound the whistle into the future.
:D

Thanks!

Even through the lack of sleep etc, I still count not trying TOO hard to steer him towards the wonderful world of railways as one of my Biggest challenges  ::)

Skyline2uk

Trainfish

Righty then

Baby Skyline

6/12/2018

Skyline2uk

Wahey, a mini @Skyline2uk , congratulations mate. What flavour is mini @Skyline2uk and will they be named Skyline3uk ?

I guess that puts off your visit here even more. Still, I suppose it gives me time to get some track down  ::)
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Skyline2uk

Thanks @Trainfish

The Mini Skyline is in Boy version.

Yes indeed it might mean a visit and indeed most n gauge things are on hold, but seeing as the locos aren't chewable I think I will accept that!

Skyline2uk

Trainfish

Quote from: Skyline2uk on December 09, 2018, 07:03:58 PM
Thanks @Trainfish
the locos aren't chewable

Don't you be so sure. Once those gnashers start showing everything becomes chewable  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Trainfish on December 09, 2018, 07:09:46 PM
Quote from: Skyline2uk on December 09, 2018, 07:03:58 PM
Thanks @Trainfish
the locos aren't chewable

Don't you be so sure. Once those gnashers start showing everything becomes chewable  :D

Oh eck, better warn the cats  :worried:

Skyline2uk

dannyboy

Welcome to little Skyline and well done to Mrs Skyline and, I suppose, best wishes to you too @Skyline2uk - I guess you had some small part to play in this.  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Skyline2uk

Quote from: dannyboy on December 09, 2018, 07:29:12 PM
Welcome to little Skyline and well done to Mrs Skyline and, I suppose, best wishes to you too @Skyline2uk - I guess you had some small part to play in this.  ;)

Welcome and well done past on....

Not sure what to say about that last part  :worried:

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations