The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBQFC

would like to thank the idiot that knocked me off my bike this morning two lights reflectors and a hi vis and he still did not see me :censored:
i am ok but the bike is a mess got all his details so has a big bill coming
heis coming round to see me tonight to discuss things  hope he not thinking a new cheap bike is the answer as my bike was not cheap

Skyline2uk

Quote from: JBQFC on November 09, 2016, 12:01:58 PM
would like to thank the idiot that knocked me off my bike this morning two lights reflectors and a hi vis and he still did not see me :censored:
i am ok but the bike is a mess got all his details so has a big bill coming
heis coming round to see me tonight to discuss things  hope he not thinking a new cheap bike is the answer as my bike was not cheap

Wow that's rubbish!

But fingers crossed seeing as he gave you details he will play it straight.

Important thing is you are ok.

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

Quote from: Skyline2uk on November 09, 2016, 12:18:33 PM

If the bloke is going round tonight then it seems he is playing it straight, that's providing he's not coming round to lamp you one in private for scratching his car :uneasy:
The main thing is that you're OK - the bike is replaceable.

JBQFC

Quote from: newportnobby on November 09, 2016, 01:55:35 PM

If the bloke is going round tonight then it seems he is playing it straight, that's providing he's not coming round to lamp you one in private for scratching his car :uneasy:
great news i am now the owner of a nice new bike the same as my old one big thumbs up to the guy he was great

Skyline2uk

Quote from: JBQFC on November 09, 2016, 07:00:25 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on November 09, 2016, 01:55:35 PM

great news i am now the owner of a nice new bike the same as my old one big thumbs up to the guy he was great

Ok, no way should getting knocked off your bike result in an entry to the "Happy" thread, but surely you got hit by a rare super honest driver!

Just so long as you yourself are ok.

Skyline2uk

Mito

Glad you're ok and that everything was sorted to your satisfaction. :thumbsup:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

daveg

Nice one!

Glad everything was sorted. Good on the driver and even better that you're (still) in one piece.

Dave G

stevewalker

It's been one of those days  :'(

I spent much of the day doing a bit of diy - with the usual problem of struggling to find everything and the working area in the garage being cluttered - but otherwise ok.

Then my wife came down late in the afternoon (she's been in bed, in pain, with kidney stones) and said it was freezing in the bathroom, so she'd pressed the boost on the central heating and would have a read for a bit and shower later. An hour later, I went in the bathroom and it was still freezing. It turns out that the boiler has gone faulty.

I stripped the boiler down and found (as has happened before) that the fan bearings have seized. I know I have a spare set somewhere, but have no clue where they are, so no heating 'til Monday.

As the heating had been running without the boiler, the radiators have sucked all the heat out of the hot water tank. No problem, we still have the (normally unused) immersion heater, except that the thermostat on that has failed. It is an 18" thermostat. A quick trip to our local B&Q (only place still open) revealed that they only sell 27" immersions (which use 18" thermostats), but only sell 7" thermostats - so no hot water 'til tomorrow now. Screwfix, which they own, sell 7", 11" and 18", but they are shut.

To top it off, I wasn't in the mood for a proper meal after all that and though I'd just buy some bacon potato skins in the local Sainsburys. They've re-arranged the chillers and I couldn't find them. The staff couldn't find them. It turns out they've stopped selling them  :veryangry:

Bob Tidbury

Stevewalker , best idea is go and run some trains , I ALLWAYS  find that calms me down and I feel a lot better.
Bob

lil chris

"It turns out they've stopped selling them  :very angry: "
Has anybody else noticed this with supermarkets. You go every week and buy something and suddenly they do not have what you want, "Oh sir we have stopped selling those" It happens all the time at my local Asda.....  :veryangry:
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Newportnobby

Sorry, but foodwise this is going to happen more and more. Not long ago Tesco threatened to remove Marmite from their shelves as Unilever were going to raise the price by some 10%. Tesco got all the headlines but other major supermarkets were also involved. I reckon anyone trying to raise their prices to the supermarkets will have products removed. Following on from Steve's sorry tale not so long ago I finally found cheese & bacon bit filled potato skins in stock again at Tesco after at least a year of them disappearing. Now there's a full range of 'Mexican' meals.

Bealman

Both my local supermarkets here in Aus have stopped selling those nice little one serve packets of cereal. Can't get 'em anywhere.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune with the bike, Skyline2uk, but as everyone says, at least injuries were not involved.

I'd like to have words with the so and so who knocked my phone off on Friday night. Having lost one down very same loo earlier this year, I took it out of my pocket and put it on the cistern.  Left it there, and when I realised 5 mins later and went back for it.... gone.  :censored:

It has not been handed in, nor does it answer when I ring it. Looks like another new phone - the difference being I have lost all contacts and literally hundreds of photos which were on the SD card. Probably have to get a new number as well, which in itself is a right royal hassle.

Not having much luck with phones this year!  >:(
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

Quote from: lil chris on November 19, 2016, 09:21:54 PM
                                      "Oh sir we have stopped selling those"

Then they usually add "There's no call for them anymore". To which I reply, "what do you think I am doing now"  ???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

stevewalker

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on November 19, 2016, 09:14:01 PM
Stevewalker , best idea is go and run some trains , I ALLWAYS  find that calms me down and I feel a lot better.
Bob

I am doing an alternative pastime, but still railway related, to settle down. I am in the middle of writing my first proper Arduino (and first C) program. I have so far got it displaying messages on an LCD, driving a stepper motor and detecting the motor's zero position using a slotted opto-switch - all part of my planned turntable motorising project.

Bealman

That sounds most interesting. How about posting some details in the electronics section, please?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations