The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Oh grief - I had exactly the same instruction about my Jag  :'(.

We then got a Peugeot and it cost a mint. Should've kept the Jag.

Good job I have a railway to build.

Dave G

paulprice

Quote from: daveg on September 21, 2015, 11:39:28 AM
Oh grief - I had exactly the same instruction about my Jag  :'(.

We then got a Peugeot and it cost a mint. Should've kept the Jag.

Good job I have a railway to build.

Dave G

I know its not fair I have had a Jag since I was 19 and now I'm driving a FORD, not good......oh the indignity of it all  >:(

petercharlesfagg

It makes me upset whenever I see an advertisement by a company when it obviously doesn't want to sell the product!

I am interested in acquiring such but not at these silly prices, why do they leave them online?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0004DBB6A/ref=dra_a_rv_ff_fx_it_P2000_1000?tag=dradisplay0bb-21&ascsubtag=3eaff3a6cbd671711c24d6aaffc522be_S&dra_hfr=x&dra_ohs=72-96

Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

daveg

daveg

Quote from: daveg on September 21, 2015, 01:25:57 PM
Quote from: petercharlesfagg on September 21, 2015, 01:11:34 PM
It makes me upset whenever I see an advertisement by a company when it obviously doesn't want to sell the product!

I am interested in acquiring such but not at these silly prices, why do they leave them online?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0004DBB6A/ref=dra_a_rv_ff_fx_it_P2000_1000?tag=dradisplay0bb-21&ascsubtag=3eaff3a6cbd671711c24d6aaffc522be_S&dra_hfr=x&dra_ohs=72-96

Peter.

This may help, Peter.

http://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/n-scale-tomix-new/products/tomix-2773-private-owner-low-loader-wagon-type-siki1000

Dave G

Looking again, it may well be a typo and they really want £18.75???

Dave G

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: daveg on September 21, 2015, 01:25:57 PM

This may help, Peter.

http://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/n-scale-tomix-new/products/tomix-2773-private-owner-low-loader-wagon-type-siki1000

Dave G

David, thank you, I have ordered one from that company, I was merely checking out other suppliers, hopefully, nearer home!

I bought one from Wellington Models but the one from, Japan is still cheaper even including P&P!

Regards, Peter

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

Skyline2uk

Hello all.

So an update on the oven situation.....had a trusted sparky here today. He cannot re-create the fault.

Now I admit he didn't have the same test kit, but even I could see as plain as the nose on my face, the red wire was live, and the black not.

So a big hmmmmmm all round.

Supplier of oven to be called, re-delivered. If they still refuse to fit, will make them leave it and get money back for installation.

Isn't life fun?

Skyline2uk

lil chris

I remember a few Years ago Skyline we had not had the MFI kitchen long when we had the house re-wired, the cooker was still under warranty and it kept shutting the lecky off. The sparky came round and in the end took the cooker to his house and it was the same on his system.  Eventually the oven supplier found the sensor wires in the back of the cooker were causing the problem, the fitter just put insulation tape round them to solve the problem.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

lil chris

I am angry myself today, this afternoon I thought I would do a bit of maintainance on my 2 fish tanks. First tank no problem, second tank I opened the cupboard to find the external filter had started leaking. I thought no problem i intended to strip it anyway I will just fit a new spare seal, I keep a few it is a regular occurrence. Anyway to cut a long story short when I built it up has soon as it filled with water it leaked immediately, the head fastners had broken, bits of plastic fell off it. The damm thing is only just over 3 years old, they do not make stuff like they used to. I had to buy a new filter assy, you can be certain not the same make £140 thats a new loco and a few waggons gone down the swanny.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

steve836

Thoroughly :censored: off with PC World. bought 3 items from the a couple of weeks ago, two of them(a usb/mains adaptor and a connecting wire for SWMBO's i-pad) were defective so drove 15 miles to change them only to be told "no receipt so they wouldn't do anything" so had to drive home to get get a copy of my bank statement to show that I had bought them only to find the receipt in the box which had contained a wi-fi adaptor for my PC which I had bought at the same time. Unhelpful  :censored: :censored: :censored:
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

paulprice

Just a little quick rant, but last night having worked nearly 14 hours at work I nipped into the local supermarket, to get a few vital supplies for diner, we are talking after 7pm here.

When I got in through the doors and into the actual aisles, what was I surrounded by...I will tell you, a mass "swarm" of purple haired dwarfs, it was like Gods waiting room. What is it about what I will politely call "seniors" which gives them the rights to block aisle while they chat about rubbish when you politely say "excuse me" to try and get past they look at you as if you have just given them the biggest insult ever.

Then they dawdle to the check out and take an infinity to remove their hopeful purchases of Spam and powdered eggs, and embalming fluid, from a huge trolley, the can neither reach the bottom off or possible fill (I mean they have plenty of smaller trollies available for them to avoid this, and if they did actually fill one, would they be able to push it or live long enough to actually use all the products :)).

I mean its undignified, all you hear in local supermarket is a faint thud as some poor old dear, reaches in to grab a can of pilchards from the bottom of the trolley, only to fall in head first, and very kindly provide the visual delight ( :doh:) of seeing various beige under-crackers and alluring surgical stocking. I mean they even have to employ staff to extricate them from the trollies. You must have noticed, "Doris" goes arss up at checkout 3, the till assistant hits the flashing light button (flashing in more ways than one), which means a crack team of spotty teenagers are dispatched, and come lolloping to the area with an oversized shoehorn and a jar of vicks (I don't know where the vicks is used).

BUT much worst than this, after I managed to make it to the checkouts, I was blocked in front and back by the "purple rinse mafia" and that is were they perpetrated their criminal act. The "old dear" in front, as she reached into her trolley to retrieve items individually, provided a FANFARE to celebrate each movement, by FARTING as she reached the extent of her reach.

Now I was always told its rude to bring these things to attention, but the noise was akin to something going supersonic and the pungent smell that followed, instantly dissolved any nasal hair I may have had and made my eyes water as if someone had rubbed them with onion puree. I mean what do these people eat, what aisle in the supermarket sells canned rotten badger and mouldy old cabbage???

Unfortunately as my lungs started to shut down, I naturally started to cough and splutter, and politely said "excuse me". That is when the "Jurassic narks" evil plan snapped into action, the evil farting fossil turned round and said "its okay my son use to do that when he was a little boy as well".

FOR ONE IT WAS NOT ME FARTING, AND TWO BEING COMPARED TO A LITTLE BOY IS JUST WRONG, I'M SIX FIIT SEVEN TALL AND 40 YEARS OLD. >:D >:D >:D >:D

TIME FOR MY RANT - CALLING ALL OL PEOPLE OUT THERE - WORTHERS OIGINALS ARE RUBBISH, NOBOBY LIKES CONDENSED MILK, THE REASON YOU DONT HEAR OLD FASHIONED MUSIC OR SEE OLD  SHOWS ON TV IS BECUASE THEY WERE RUBBISH . AND MORE IMPORTANTLY THAN THAT YOU DONT NEED ZIPS ON CARDIGANS OR SHOES.......there I have said it.. :worried: :confused1: :( :doh: :( :confused1: :worried:

petercharlesfagg

I can understand that you are going to be a real fun guy if and when you get to be old!

I only wish I could be around but unfortunately by the time you are 70-80 I am likely to have been pushing up daisies for a long time! :D

Interesting piece of comedy writing, though!  Don't push your tongue into your cheek too hard!

Peter.

Agrippa

So apart from that you had a good day..........................

BTW, what you experienced was nowt  to last week in my local Lidl, a geezer on an electric
scooter/buggy went to the checkout, he was absolutely manky and stank like  a dead donkey,
he was only buying bread and milk so the cashier waved him through saying no charge, then 
shut down the till and went for air fresheners and worktop sprays to clear the stench.

Happy days!

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Sprintex

Quote from: paulprice on September 24, 2015, 07:59:37 AM
NOBODY LIKES CONDENSED MILK,

Wrong! :P

It is an ingredient of many fudge recipes, it's essential to make Masala Chai, and I'm a LONG LONG way from my pension yet ;)

Paul

Agrippa

I'll be first to ask , who/  what's Masala Chai ?

a   A  character in a kungfu movie

b   Some kind of jungle juice

c   A substitute for Copydex....
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations