The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotsoft

Quote from: EtchedPixels on December 15, 2013, 06:08:42 PM
"They made me use Windows 8 at work, now I'm on tablets"

:beers:

:laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:

Calnefoxile

When are film & drama makers going to realise that any old  loco is not just a loco  :veryangry: :veryangry:

I refer to the drama that is being aired tonight and tomorrow by the BBC all about the Great Train Robbery, if you watch this article from the BBC News, about Yorkshire being the most popular place in Britain for film and drama makers, http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-25397015 you will see a very smart looking 37075 in Green on the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway, unfortunately this loco is the one used as the loco that hauled the Postal Service that got robbed, when in fact it was a Class 40 D326.

Why can't researchers do they flaming job properly and carry out research...... It's not difficult these days to find out exactly what the correct type and/or number was involved.

Right off me soapbox again.

Regards

Neal.

Agrippa

That's a minor gripe...in "The Day of the Jackal" the Jackal boards a train for Paris hauled by a diesel loco, when it arrives in Paris it's electric hauled. That's the magic of the movies. :D

PS Ronnie Biggs has died.............good b*****  riddance.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Agrippa on December 18, 2013, 12:48:34 PM
Seconded!

At least on this mornings BBC news they refered to the brutal beating of Driver Jack Mills and the fact that he never fully recovered, dying in Feb 1970.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Bikeracer

Quote from: Agrippa on December 18, 2013, 12:48:34 PM

After living the good life abroad instead of doing the time for the crime,he should have been refused entry back into this country for his healthcare with the taxpayers paying the bill.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Newportnobby

Agree with Neal about the wrong loco being used, but I guess the issue in present times is being able to find the correct motive power for such historical incidents :hmmm:

davieb

Quote from: newportnobby on December 18, 2013, 04:53:49 PM
Agree with Neal about the wrong loco being used, but I guess the issue in present times is being able to find the correct motive power for such historical incidents :hmmm:

They only needed to re-number D335 from the CFPS  :doh:

dave  :thumbsup:

Calnefoxile

Quote from: davieb on December 18, 2013, 05:12:44 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on December 18, 2013, 04:53:49 PM

They only needed to re-number D335 from the CFPS  :doh:

Just using it would have been half right.......

B757-236GT

I believe some preservation groups were shy of getting involved with it so i suspect thats why a 37 was used.

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

Newportnobby

Well, at least they renumbered it D326.
Shame they couldn't decide whether the line was single or double track so we got both :D
What the heck - overall it was an enjoyable watch historical differences apart.

davieb

This evening I have been air-brushing the main grey coat on my Coaling Tower
Spraying from a distance  :hmmm:.............................Why is this in the angry thread  ???

Because half way through I noticed the 4 Wagons I sprayed Bauxite last night
directly behind the Coaling Tower on my workbench  :doh:

They now have a lovely grey speckled effect  :veryangry2: :censored:

That's the last time I do any air-brushing straight after getting In from work  :zippedmouth:

dave  :'(

Dock Shunter

OOPs....... :smiley-laughing:

Should have gone to Specsavers Dave....... :goggleeyes:

davieb

Quote from: Dock Shunter on December 19, 2013, 08:15:53 PM
OOPs....... :smiley-laughing:

Should have gone to Specsavers Dave....... :goggleeyes:

You may well laugh  :scowl:

But I'm also blaming you  :P
After all it was you that sent me the link on how to get a good concrete effect  >:D  :smiley-laughing:

REGP

Cant you pass them of as the first stage of weathering Dave?

Ray

davieb

Quote from: REGP on December 19, 2013, 08:27:23 PM
Cant you pass them of as the first stage of weathering Dave?

Ray

I could Ray  :hmmm:

But I haven't even put the Decals on yet  :doh:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations