The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinZaPint

As an old farmer mate said "Trouble be common sense baint be as common as it used to be"  ;)
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Bikeracer on October 30, 2013, 09:21:16 AM
I'm fed up of the NHS deciding treatment for people on the cost of such treatment.

Thats easily fixed. Just double your taxes 8)

Was watching the news this morning and it looks like drop in shelters are to be made available for heroin addicts to shoot up in safety,but what made me really angry was the statement that the NHS would provide the heroin for them to use.

This has worked in other countries extremely well although I believe its not heroin they get in either case but a substitute (methadone) which is used to help get them off it.

It reduces crime, and takes a lot of money out of the organised criminals pockets so it's cheaper. There is a reason almost every senior police and crime person is in favour of it.

Think of it instead as cutting NHS and policing bills while reducing crime and taking money out of the pockets of dealers  :P

Bit like alcoholics that can claim money to buy booze with.

In some cases alcohol is indeed available on prescription. Mostly though its to things like little old ladies with alzheimers while they are in the "departure lounge"

Also really angry that the woman in charge of the Baby P fiasco is getting £600,000 for failing to do her job properly and letting a baby die :veryangry:

Or you could read the 2011 judgement instead of the Daily Wail. She is getting compensation because Ed Balls and his advisors screwed up an because she was in the words of the actual judge "unfairly scapegoated", and "unlawfully dismissed".

In other words she didn't let the baby die, she was just a convenient person at the top for the minister in charge to blame it all on. What does stink is that Ed Ballsup made the mess in central government but the local council are having to pay the costs of his mess.

Dunno how this rewarding people for failure culture has come about,about time common sense prevailed.

I'd like to know what law I can break or damage I can cause that will get me thousands of pounds in a payout.

I think you'll find you have to be wrongfully accused or punished rather than actually offending. At least for the most part. So all you have to do is do your job properly, have something really bad happen regardless of that, get fired by an incompetent in government, have your employer fight it in court for years and then loose.

Note that you need to be doing the right thing. Screwing up the mail, costing the NHS £11billion in cancelled IT projects or blowing rail privatisation gets you a knighthood not fired  :veryangry:

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Kipper

The drop in centres running in Copenhagen (BBC News) dole out a mix of heroin and other drugs, but not methadone. It has got most of the users off the streets, so no heaps of syringes littering parks and playgrounds. In the Uk, methadone users clog up chemists (usually making me wait longer for my prescription), while they are called into a back room and given a dose.
An obese mate of mine was given a prescription for gym membership, so I am sure you can get a prescription for anything nowadays.

NeMo

Quote from: MinZaPint on October 30, 2013, 09:31:43 AM
As an old farmer mate said "Trouble be common sense baint be as common as it used to be"  ;)

Can't top EtchedPixels's masterful reply above. But I will observe that we live in a scientific, technological age, and if there's one thing we need be cautious about, it's common sense.

A good example is why two stores of the same sort open next to each other. The common sense thing to do would be to open your store far away from your competitors, so that you don't compete. But the rational thing to do is to open your store next door to your competitor. It's something to do with game theory, and how next door to each other each retailer actually gets a better chance of making a sale than if they were far apart. Not an expert, so won't try to explain further!

If you don't already listen to "More or Less" on Radio 4, then give it a try. It's about statistics and how they are used (and abused) in media, politics and economics. It's a nice antidote to that silly statement that statistics can prove anything -- they can't (obviously) but an inappropriate statistic can be used to (very easily) mislead someone who doesn't understand how statistics works, and this of course happens all the time when politicians and journalists are trying to persuade us about something.

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

MikeDunn

Some time back, I bought a pack of replacement fibreglass tips, and put them somewhere safe until I needed them ...

Tonight, I wanted to clean up some brass parts I soldered a while back before attaching them to the next part of the sub-assembly; old fibreglass pencil was expired, so went looking for the replacements ...

... and looking ...

... and looking ...

''' and got SWMBO looking too ...

I'll be  :censored: if we can find the  :veryangry2: things !!!

Sprintex

Quote from: MikeDunn on November 06, 2013, 09:00:07 PM
and put them somewhere safe

That was your mistake ;)

They'll either turn up ONLY when you're looking for something else, or they'll never be seen again :D

Paul

Newportnobby

They're more likely to appear as soon as you've bought another set ;)

GeeBee

Yep that's guaranteed  :veryangry:  :veryangry:

MikeDunn

Ain't that the truth ...

I did think "it'll be the last place I look - try there first !" but it didn't work ...  :(

Sprintex

It always IS in the last place you look if you think about it ;)

Paul

MikeDunn

Well it wasn't yesterday - as I say, I checked there first !  :smackedface:

Oldman

Totally *******************************ed off.
Just had my weekly choccy fix and have managed to break one of my teeth.
Dentist cannot fit me in till Monday so will be bulk buying painkillers  I think.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Newportnobby

Wasn't a Toblerone, was it Mike ???
Hope you can get through till Monday

Oldman

No not the triangular beast.
Was a Milky Way.
Still got the Raisin and Biscuit Yorkie sitting in the cupboard.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Kipper

How can you break a tooth on a Milky Way? Did you get one straight from the freezer?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations