The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mereman

Was the slug alright :D

Sorry couldn't resist.
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

loco4401

Thats as bad as stepping in dog pee in the hallway because she refuses to use her pee mat
Quote from: EtchedPixels on July 19, 2013, 02:48:15 PM
Gak ... boiling hot night and then came downstairs at 5am to get a cold drink and stepped on a slug in my bare feet in the kitchen.

EtchedPixels

I'm tempted to salt the edge of the back door to keep them out - I think the heat is driving them to try and shelter there.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bikeracer

Just had a renewal quote from Greenflag Recovery.

I have two years no claims bonus and a renewal price of £59.36.
Looked on their site and the same policy for a new customer is £45.58

Seem to remember something similar about two years ago,so I'll buy a new policy again and save some money.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

mereman

Someone or some people just compromised both mine and Mrs meremans credit cards :veryangry:, lucky the bank (First Direct) were on the ball and no money has gone :), but no spending for me for a week until the replacement cards are sent out. Well if the vender uses PayPal I'm still OK.

So.....  Cheers Mike

Caz

Any idea how or where it happened so we can all be on guard. 
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Jerry Howlett

Full marks to First Direct. My British switch card was hacked about 5 years ago over here. The First thing I knew about it was that
I was eating in restaurants in Paris and Rome on the same night!

Thieves had broken into a local supermarket but rather than a robbery they had "hacked" the stores computer and cloned all the customers cards and PINs!!

First Direct reimbursed the funds straight away. Our Italian neighbours who suffered the same fate had to wait WEEKS for the Italian banks to react.

Time for an outbreak of "Rule Brittania" methinks..........
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

mereman

Afraid I have no idea how it happened. We take care, well as much as is possible while buying on the net. In the last few months mine have been used on Amazon, and sites with the Verified by Visa system or by PayPal. The card haven't been lost or missing and in my jacket all the time. I think the same goes for Mrs mereman. Odd that both got "done", the same account but different numbers on the cards.

The last time it happened it was cloned at our local Shell station again lost nothing but was being tried in Canada and India at the same time I think that may have given the game away :D

Oh well I didn't want to get the track and point motors just yet.

So.....  Cheers Mike

Jack

I can give a thumbs up for First Direct too!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: mereman on July 22, 2013, 05:37:32 PM
Someone or some people just compromised both mine and Mrs meremans credit cards :veryangry:, lucky the bank (First Direct) were on the ball and no money has gone :), but no spending for me for a week until the replacement cards are sent out. Well if the vender uses PayPal I'm still OK.

I got hit for a £2000 holiday via my Visa card a couple of years ago and the first I knew about it was when the Bank rang me with their suspicions of a fraudulent transaction.  The Bank had frozen all my accounts and opened new ones as they were speaking to me on the phone and by the end of the week I had all the new cards etc. Top notch service!
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Oldman

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: Just re-read the letter about my scan tomorrow,
NOT allowed to eat or drink for 8 hours before.  :'(  - does that mean I get up at 0400hrs to have a sandwich and drink - still means I can't take my pills until afterwards because I have to take them with food.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Kipper

Regardless of the time of the scan, or whatever, my local hospital always puts "nothing to eat or drink after 10.30 pm the night before". A right faff if the appointment is not until the following afternoon.

mereman

Quote from: Oldman on July 22, 2013, 07:58:48 PM
NOT allowed to eat or drink for 8 hours before.  :'(  - does that mean I get up at 0400hrs to have a sandwich and drink - still means I can't take my pills until afterwards because I have to take them with food.

Good luck mate I hope all goes well.

I've been lucky the 2 minor procedures I've had this year one was done in the morning (first on the list) and the other early afternoon so not to bad. But Mrs m had a minor operation and wasn't "worked on" 'til the late afternoon we got out at 7:30pm after getting there at 8:30am.

So.....  Cheers Mike

Sprintex

Quote from: Jack9465 on July 22, 2013, 07:07:51 PM
I can give a thumbs up for First Direct too!  :thumbsup:

Been with FD pretty much since they started, never had a problem :thumbsup:

On the suject of card-cloning a mate of mine had his credit card cloned and only realised when there was two grand of furniture ordered on it. The police investigated and discovered it was yet to be delivered, so they asked the furniture company to deliver as planned and lay in wait at the delivery address, sure enough it was delivered to the thieves home address! ::) They won't be cloning much for a while ;)

Paul

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Oldman on July 22, 2013, 07:58:48 PM

All the best for tomorrow, Oldman.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Bealman

Geez! Horror stories! The worst that's happened to me so far (touch wood) is my email account was hacked. Nowhere near as bad as bank accounts! From what I'm reading here, though, that bank you mention - what's it called? First Direct? They sound to be pretty much on the ball.

Hey Jerry - what'd yer have for dinner that night in Paris and Rome? :D Sorry, not really funny, I know.  :thumbsup:

Best of luck with the medical, Oldman. I'm off for my monthly blood dump tomorrow (I have hemochromatosis), and it will be the last one before my 2 month Frodo adventure.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations