This is the end......

Started by Matthew-peter, June 17, 2013, 08:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew-peter

I regret to inform you all that this is the end of the line for Delfryn.

There are many reasons, most of which I wont list here. I have been debating it for months and I always seem to come up with the conclusion of quit and be done with it but I just kept putting it off.
The main reason for the decision is that Im getting more and more annoyed with companies promising so much and delivering so little, I wouldn't mind if kits of the items I would like to have running were available in kit form but they are not.
I also seem to be spending so much time doing my other hobbies more now and getting back into my other painting and modelling, mostly military modelling, projects it seems to be taking up more room than what I can spare.

All of my stock has been popped on ebay and below is a link but I shall be deleting my account from this magnificent forum and I shall miss the hours of entertainment I have had on here.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/matty-mouse27/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

So  :sorrysign: but I shall be off now, but remember  :NGaugersRule: and you never know, in a few years time, when all of the stock I am after has been brought out I may return........

OK who took my cake?

Newportnobby

Hi M-P,

Very sorry to hear you're disillusioned and, of course, the decision is yours to make :(
You're always welcome here though, so please don't feel you have to cut yourself off :no:

bigbob

I had 12 months away from mine and dare say will take a break at sometime in the future. Unless you need to consider storing it away for a rainy day! Mine lives in its own room so easy to shut the door for a while but popping my head back in made me crack on again :)

painbrook

MP, don't quit the forum, your input/view is always important. You are not alone, I myself am in the same place re plastic kits, which I am happy with my efforts. Railways, unless you have the skills of which there are many will disappoint. Keep in touch. Cheers john.

Matthew-peter

I think I shall stick around on the forum, give my input and help where I can, but I think selling up is still the bets way to go.
Im keeping a few buildings that Ive made and plan to make a diorama or two but nothing major. I may start up again once I have more space and the models I am waiting for actually arrive in stores.

Thanks for the kind comments too everyone  :)
OK who took my cake?

d-a-n

It's always a tug of war between two hobbies - if you have several on the go, I can imagine it's difficult to dedicate yourself to this hobby, which can be expensive and frustrating, not least when Dapol and GF delay, delay and delay their products. I hope the path you have chosen works out the way you have intended, only you will know if it was the right one but I wish you all the best in what you have planned. Glad to hear you're sticking about on the forums!

NTrain

Matthew and I have dscussed his POA project and I will be receiving his chassis and a few other bits in the next couple of days and will try a test build of the POA.

Let us know your wish list, maybe the forum experts can come up with some of them, to tempt you back again.

scotsoft

I am happy to read you are going to stick around Matt, every hobby can get frustrating at times.  However these times do pass and with 3D printing still in its infancy who knows what is going to be available over the next few months.

cheers John.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Matthew-peter on June 17, 2013, 08:04:46 PM
The main reason for the decision is that Im getting more and more annoyed with companies promising so much and delivering so little, I wouldn't mind if kits of the items I would like to have running were available in kit form but they are not.

I recognize that all too well. In my case I took to considering the manufacturers literature the same way as I do the Daily Mail and now read 'Hattons' new arrivals page instead 8)

As for the kits thats what scratchbuilding is for - like your 3D printed wagon design.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

oldchadders

Quote from: Matthew-peter on June 17, 2013, 08:04:46 PM
I regret to inform you all that this is the end of the line for Delfryn.

There are many reasons, most of which I wont list here. I have been debating it for months and I always seem to come up with the conclusion of quit and be done with it but I just kept putting it off.
I also seem to be spending so much time doing my other hobbies more now and getting back into my other painting and modelling, mostly military modelling, projects it seems to be taking up more room than what I can spare.

All of my stock has been popped on ebay and below is a link but I shall be deleting my account from this magnificent forum and I shall miss the hours of entertainment I have had on here.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/matty-mouse27/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

So  :sorrysign: but I shall be off now, but remember  :NGaugersRule: and you never know, in a few years time, when all of the stock I am after has been brought out I may return........
Guess we all have to move on - you leave as I join! No offence taken :beers:

daveg

Glad you're sticking around M-P

Your knowledge and experience will be very welcome.

Dave G

Plainline.

Hi M P.

Know what you mean. I've been modelling in 16mm/garden railways for years but feel I need a change. Not totally giving it up but I am drastically reducing the 16mm and concentrating on n gauge.

Pengi

Hi M P. I know exactly what you mean - there is very little for me, UK wise, from the UK suppliers and it doesn't look like there ever will be so spending my time on the buildings with the faint hope that 'if i build it, they will come'.

Glad you are staying with us and good luck with the other hobbies :)
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations