Class 205 (3H) Request

Started by Mr Sprue, June 13, 2013, 10:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Sprue

Do any members here possess 2D drawings or pictures of the 205 class?  I'm particularly interested in the roof and chassis detail especially the underframe and chassis components.

Any information regarding this subject will be greatly appreciated.

RussellH

Repairs - not everything has to be sent away - you can fix most thing's yourself. Ask and help will be provided.

Waiting for the RTR version? - why not try a kit?

My layout, Bridgebury Gate now has its own website...
www.bridgeburygate.com

and the 3DR shop where you'll also find the NGF MPV, assorted cabs etc...
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/3dr_designs_for_n_gauge

Mr Sprue

Thank you Russell that's a good addition to what I have so far.

H

EtchedPixels

There are also drawings in Golding

http://www.amazon.co.uk/books/dp/1900298007

in fact that's pretty much a "must have" book for DMU building.

The underframes are less well documented, SEMG is probably your best bet but you may have to do what you often end having to do with underframe details - and go photograph one of the surviving ones in detail yourself.

Alan

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

red_death

IIRC both Golding and PDH drawings had some fairly serious errors in some of the drawings.

Caveat emptor and all that.  I would definitely look for pictures rather than rely on drawings.

Cheers, Mike

EtchedPixels

Quote from: red_death on June 13, 2013, 03:04:26 PM
IIRC both Golding and PDH drawings had some fairly serious errors in some of the drawings.

Caveat emptor and all that.  I would definitely look for pictures rather than rely on drawings.

All drawings do - and those that are correct are often only correct for one specific unit/loco on one specific date in its history ! If one exists its almost always worth visiting it before making models.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

H

Quote from: red_death on June 13, 2013, 03:04:26 PM

I've heard that said about just about every drawing ever published, but then that's because not all stock in a batch was built exactly the same, not all followed the plans, stock changed over the years and for relatively recently drawn plans not all those producing them were dilligent or had access to all the necessary detailed information (which often no longer exists). It is best to check out photos of the actual unit and at the time you want to model.

There are a number of of good books with lots of photographs that will help - including the DEMU one by Martyn Welsh, the recent one by Kevin Robertson and Hugh Abbinnett, and if you can get it issue #9 of the British Rail Fleet Survey series by Brian Haresnape - that also includes some GA drawings/plans.

Finally get down to the preserved lines that still have examples - I think that the Lavender Line, the Watercress Line and the Spa valley line all have examples -  and take your own detailed snaps.

H.

Mr Sprue

Out of curiosity has anyone inspected the OO Bachmann 205 (2H) up close yet, if so how accurate would it be marked out of 10 for detail?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations