Bealman

How cool is that? Thanks!  :thumbsup: :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

JonHarbour

Still planning a layout...

Bealman

Trainfish

Speaking of buses and stops I did have a chuckle yesterday whilst driving near Brighton. The destination blind on the bus in front of me said "Brighton Pier, limited stop". Well it would be wouldn't it? Otherwise it would fall off the end!

Made me chuckle anyway  :laugh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

The local bus company terminated the door to door service last Friday. Bealman now has to go to the bus stop again to get home.

Brilliant timing. I'm scheduled for ankle surgery next week and won't be able to walk anywhere. Guess I'll have to stock the fridge up!

Newportnobby

@Bealman
The major supermarket chains can deliver whatever you want here in Blighty. Don't you have anything similar, George? (or maybe just get a tanker parked outside and pipe it in :D)

Bealman

Smart bottom.

Wouldn't have one big enough  :worried:

weave

Hi George,

Shame about your door to door. I had an big ankle operation in 2005 and it was surprising how many of my local pub locals offered me help, lifts home etc. Even the odd pick up.

Also a taxi driver who recognised me hobbling up the road on me crutches from the High St to the pub stopped and said 'why no ring cab' (asian accent). I said 'because you have a minimum charge of £3.50'. 'Get in you fool, free today, for you £1.50 in future, £2 if I'm busy  :)'. People change.

Hope your 'bowling' crew will pitch in for you and good luck with the op.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Bealman

Thanks mate.  :beers:

I'm mostly stressed about being out of it all in time for Bealette's wedding at the end of May!

Mito

Get yourself a motorised wheel chair. Just think of the fun you could have with that! :)
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Bealman

Wouldn't need to get the bus home then  :D

Vigo

Anyone remember my local bus stop? About 300 yards from where I'm sat right now.

Filmed 20 years ago this week but regularly re-broadcast on TV.
In Memoriam: https://hadfieldsite.wordpress.com/

Latest project: San Pablo - Rural Spain in miniature (HOe ish)

Bealman

Young Bulla

Certainly do.  Used to be delivery driver for Currys in Glossop in the mid eighties so was in and out of Vasey twice a week.  Mrs Bulla's mum also lived for a while on Brosscroft.
As for the tv series, only saw the first episode, Glossopian  wife thought the actors weren't 'local' enough!

All the (tougue firmly in cheek) best
Stan.

Webbo

Hi George

Hope that everything is well after your latest encounter with the death merchants. Hospitals are dangerous where you can go to get infected.

Good prognosis, everything sorted? I hope so.

Webbo

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations