Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

A small parcel has just been retrieved from my neighbour and this was inside:

This was bought on Ebays recent 20% off day and adds to my Gronk Farm  :-*

Very good service from eBay seller and included free Dapol magnetic couplings as well as the standard ones.

Skyline2uk

JohnN

Gronk Farm, like it.   :smiley-laughing:  :thumbsup: That's not something you hear everyday.

joe cassidy

Have you succeeded in breeding Gronks on your farm ?

Skyline2uk

Quote from: joe cassidy on January 02, 2018, 06:30:38 PM
Have you succeeded in breeding Gronks on your farm ?

Well, every time I go to the stock box recently I wonder if there will be one more, and there are two more being watched on eBay  :D

Unfortunately of the three more I like, two are limited / collectors editions and one is rare as the hen's dentures so commands big cash.

Oh well, no rush as I already have way more than I can justify!

Skyline2uk

joe cassidy

That's what I thought - they're like Giant Pandas !

bluedepot

nice selection of new trains intercity and nice class 08 skyline

tim

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Dr Al on December 22, 2017, 02:35:10 PM
Quote from: ntpntpntp on December 22, 2017, 02:26:30 PM
Overscale lump that it may be, but I just had to try and track down one of these for completeness of the can-motor British Lima fleet!

Not quite complete ;) - there was a large logo 31 246 with a can motor too - rarer I think as that livery wasn't produced with the original runs with the pancake drive.

Cheers,
Alan

Ta-da!   I now have one to go with the other 31.  Slightly playworn and not boxed, but running ok.  I've yet to find any photographic evidence of this loco in this livery style though? Lima fantasy?

I thought would take longer to track one of these down. I also notice another of the "small logo" can-motor 31s appeared on ebay a day or so ago.  Just like buses; you wait for ages and then 3 come along at (almost) the same time  :D
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

mickster04

Finally arrived; djm 's mermaids in engineering yellow grey

Seen here posing with 37 035

Yet_Another

These beauties, along with a further green one, complete my 'needs' as far as locos go. From now on, I'm on 'wants'  ;)

I've just spent a pleasant evening running in the sound version, and I'm impressed with it, except for the sound, which, let's be honest, doesn't really sound anything like a monster diesel loco.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Bingley Hall

Quote from: ntpntpntp on January 04, 2018, 06:10:49 PM
Ta-da!   I now have one to go with the other 31.  Slightly playworn and not boxed, but running ok.  I've yet to find any photographic evidence of this loco in this livery style though? Lima fantasy?

I thought would take longer to track one of these down. I also notice another of the "small logo" can-motor 31s appeared on ebay a day or so ago.  Just like buses; you wait for ages and then 3 come along at (almost) the same time  :D
Never say never, But I don't remember any blue 31s with large logo and certainly not with giant numbers. A Flickr search only brings up 31s in Railfreight Grey with large logo - except for one 31101 https://flic.kr/p/r7CbUM which looks more like a later celebrity 'repaint'

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Bingley Hall on January 05, 2018, 07:14:30 PM
Never say never, But I don't remember any blue 31s with large logo and certainly not with giant numbers. A Flickr search only brings up 31s in Railfreight Grey with large logo - except for one 31101 https://flic.kr/p/r7CbUM which looks more like a later celebrity 'repaint'
Yes seen "preserved" 31101 with large logo

... and quite large numbers on this one

.. but not the two styles together.  Those on the Lima are massive!  Perhaps they used the tampo prints from the OO model.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

railsquid

A Minitrix Evening Star basks in the midday sunshine:

Obviously not up to to the latest visual standards but runs perfectly out of the box (which it just bounced around around the world in as the box wasn't original and it wasn't properly padded) and is a nice solid little (well big) "layout locomotive"

NeMo

That Minitrix 9F looks really nice, @railsquid.

Might not be a perfect scale model of an actual 9F, but as a nicely made, and clearly effective, model train, it's a real gem. I keep thinking about buying one. I've got two Dapol 9Fs and they're splendid to look at, but they're noisy and delicate, so I tend to leave them in their boxes. Perhaps a Minitrix 9F is what I need when I just want to 'play trains'!

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Bealman

I'll agree completely with that, NeMo. I have one which I am very fond of, and also a black one converted to a Crosti boilered model by a friend.

In my opinion, the thing that lets them down is the small drivers, but we have to remember that this 9F is basically mounted on a chassis designed for a German locomotive.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Quote from: NeMo on January 11, 2018, 06:23:15 AM
That Minitrix 9F looks really nice, @railsquid.

Might not be a perfect scale model of an actual 9F, but as a nicely made, and clearly effective, model train, it's a real gem. I keep thinking about buying one. I've got two Dapol 9Fs and they're splendid to look at, but they're noisy and delicate, so I tend to leave them in their boxes. Perhaps a Minitrix 9F is what I need when I just want to 'play trains'!

Definitely one to watch going round and round for fun and without worrying about it. This example is a little on the noisy side and might just need to make the acquaintance of a teensy amount of lubricating material, but it runs straight with no wobble and handles the trackworkjust  fine, including the curved Tomix points which can be somewhat challenging for certain kettles.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations