Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevewalker

We are just coming up (17th) to our 20th anniversary. Although I have bought a present (china, as normal for the 20th) and we are going out for a meal, I am also making another present (a clock). I've had good progress today and have now cut and shaped a roughly 12" circular piece of 30mm granite, recessed on the back for the mechanism. It is hard work to make and is looking to be the heaviest kitchen clock in existence  :)

crewearpley40

Congratulations Steve on the milestone.. chris

dannyboy

Congratulations to you both Steve. The clock will be a unique thing - just for you two.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

I never made it past 4 years so 'Chapeau' to you both.
Careful where you put the clock - hope you have a strong shelf/mantlepiece! :worried:

Bealman

If it's a wall clock, it would probably pull the whole gyprock wall down in the standard Aussie house!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

stevewalker

Mainly brick walls in this 1934 house, so they'll take the weight okay.

stevewalker

Well, the clock was finished and has been much appreciated and we have been out to celebrate our anniversary.

It's ridiculous, but this is the first time, in 20 years of marriage, that we've been able to go out and celebrate, on our anniversary.

The first anniversary was spent in the local hospital for our eldest son's birth. The next 18 anniversaries were spent, as a family, celebrating his birthday. Tonight, he has been having a barbecue with his student friends, at his rented house, in Leeds and we've actually been able to have just the two of us go out, at last! And a great night it's been - an excellent meal, lots of drinks, live music and lots of reminiscing.

Newportnobby

After a month of 'no driving' enforced by an operation, be afraid - be very afraid:-

Nobby's back on the road! :claphappy: :bounce:

Trainfish

And here he is...........

You did say Noddy didn't you?  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Toothman

Happy days need tarmac road gaugemaster u name the companys even gaugemaster out of stock but wait amazon has one left ordered yesterday tea time coming today yes :claphappy:

Bealman

NPN back on the road? Maybe I should move that post....

Not sure it should be in the happy thread  :P
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on August 21, 2022, 10:50:39 AM
NPN back on the road? Maybe I should move that post....

Not sure it should be in the happy thread  :P

:-* :moony:

Graham

was just thinking about hiring a car on my trip to TINGS, think I will play it safe now and let someone else drive. :D :D

Newportnobby

@Graham
You'll be fine as I've decided it's a trip too far for this old bag of bones :)

paulbeckwith

graham             that's  going  to  be  a  bloody  long  drive  from  Melbourne  ?????????

paul

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations