Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeeCee and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

emjaybee

Hmmm. I smell a conspiracy.

Have you tried interrogating your significant other?

:hmmm:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

dannyboy

Quote from: emjaybee on June 30, 2022, 04:27:40 PM

I think it is more likely to be the dog!  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Nbodger

Quote from: dannyboy on June 30, 2022, 05:49:19 PM

I think it is more likely to be the dog!  :)

Any disturbed ground in the garden, we all know dogs like to bury bones  ;)

steve836

I find that asking SWMBO gets the response "I've not touched it." but if you mention that you can't find it but you are thinking that perhaps it's time to go digital as you've been thinking about it, it's going to cost a bob or two though. Your significant other will find it almost immediately with the comment that it was in the bathroom cabinet or some such and why didn't you think to look there as it was such an obvious place.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Papyrus

I don't think Mrs P can be the culprit. You can't cook with it, knit with it or play a tune on it. I've just checked the loft and it's not there either. Perhaps @dannyboy and @Nbodger are right, but the dogs tend to dig things up rather than bury them. I'm not really worried; it'll turn up sometime, just like that steel rule which reappeared just after I had bought a replacement.

Cheers,

Chris

Hailstone

Quote from: Papyrus on July 01, 2022, 12:27:43 PM

I don't think Mrs P can be the culprit. You can't cook with it, knit with it or play a tune on it. I've just checked the loft and it's not there either. Perhaps @dannyboy and @Nbodger are right, but the dogs tend to dig things up rather than bury them. I'm not really worried; it'll turn up sometime, just like that steel rule which reappeared just after I had bought a replacement.

Cheers,

Chris

Look for something else and it will appear in front of you, that's how I have found most of the things that have gone missing

Regards,

Alex

Papyrus

Panic over, people, it's turned up. Not anywhere ridiculous, but in a drawer which I had looked in twice before and not seen it. The drawer is full of layout wire and I thought, no, it won't be in there...

There'll be dancing on the streets of Lindfield tonight.

Cheers,

Chris

Newportnobby

Monday 4th July
I went to Blackpool hospital for a pre-exam for the procedure of changing the battery in my internal defibrillator (S-ICD). Weight, height, blood samples and swabs (in case I have MRSA) were taken and I was told the procedure would take place Weds 20th July under a full anaesthetic*. The old wound would be re-opened, the wires left in place and a new unit fitted. If all went well and I was OK I might be home the same day but, if not, a bed would be reserved for me anyway. I won't be able to drive myself there and back, and won't be able to drive for a week afterwards but will be arranging hospital transport each way. I will also have to have a Covid test prior to going in. Hopefully all will be OK on the day.

*Full anaesthetic – my worst nightmare. Following my triple bypass where they had to resurrect me twice I had an adverse reaction to the full anaesthetic and thought all the staff were trying to kill me. I had to be restrained from pulling all the pipes etc out of me and had nightmares for about 3 years afterwards. I did try to get some sort of counselling but despite promises by the NHS nothing ever happened. Even now I wake up in a cold sweat about it every now and then.
I was bricking it in case it was to be a full job and actually ended up in tears in front of the poor sister as it all flooded back to me. The only consolation is the procedure obviously won't be as long as the bypass so I shouldn't be swimming in anaesthetic like last time. She has made notes and the anaesthetist on the day and myself will be able to discuss things. Maybe they can use something else rather than the same one. :uneasy:

Bob G

They could try a hammer, or a baseball bat, perhaps. Definitely no chance of an allergic reaction to a drug!

joe cassidy

I hope alll goes well Mick.

Bob G

Quote from: joe cassidy on July 04, 2022, 05:29:37 PM
I hope alll goes well Mick.
Well of course I mean that as well. We need our Mick.

guest10040

hi Mick,
firstly, all the best to you, we would be lost without you.

HB has suggested a box of Bonios [the proper ones, not T*s*o] might help with your recovery !

secondly, did I read it right, open old wound, remove old device leaving wires in place, fit new device to wires  :hmmm:

I really hope their soldering is better than mine  :-[

dannyboy

You mention that you were "bricking it" Mick. If they used two bricks, one in each hand brought swiftly together, there would be no need for the hammer or baseball bat as suggested by Bob.  ;D. Thinking about it, can they not leave the wires sticking out and put a connector on the ends of the wires? That way, all you would have to remember is to swap the PP3 over when you put on a clean shirt.

Seriously, I hope all goes well Mick - as Bob also pointed out, ""we need our Mick".
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Thanks, Chaps. I did ask if they could just leave a flap so it would be easier next time. Undo the zip, out with the old batteries and in with the new. Seems not, for some strange reason :unimpressed:
Likewise, they told me the battery life would be 8-10 years when I first had the thing fitted but it's only 6 or so, so I've told them not to use cheapo batteries this time round.
Not exactly helpful, are they?

Bob G

So how do you know when the batteries start to f......

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations