Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grassyfield and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DarrwestLU6

Quote from: Ditape on November 15, 2019, 02:07:43 PM

My Class 50 has eventually arrived it was well worth the wait, it is a smooth runner, highly detailed, probably the best loco put out by Dapol in n.

Loved the video Di and yes that does indeed sound great!
Hogwarts to King's Cross - My layout under construction: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=43358.msg536504#msg536504

Ted

Quote from: Rabbitaway on December 05, 2019, 06:52:41 PM
Hi All

Class 33 Dutch, Dapol clearance at £70, seems to be good runner

I got myself one of those too 👍
Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

STEVE44

Glad your class 50 is running well. Having sent mine back to dapol due to no movement, returned at weekend to run for five minutes and once again no movement. Spoken to dcc supplies , off to them now. dcc supplies busy going to be after Christmas . I just want it to work after £250.00 spent . Steve44

Jeff_W

Picked this up off ebay for $150. Seemed like a decent deal, but engine is a lemon it seems. Doesn't want to run too long, and only does if I have the power pack lever almost all the way over.

As much as I've bought from ebay recently, guess I was going to get burned eventually.

Jeff_W

Another train set:

I have gotten the Class 47 from the other set running after a bit of work on it and the layout (I think some Unitrack, despite its reliability, is going to be replaced)...so maybe not all is lost.

Hailstone

A couple of rule 1 purchases that I have only just got round to trying together, well outside my normal era, but who cares? I used to see Sir Edward regularly in 1985 when on service crew with 5051 Drysllwyn Castle, and was lucky enough to ride the footplate of the original Evening Star from Oxford to Banbury after we had overhauled it at Didcot, as well as firing it on our site

Regards,

Alex

crewearpley40

Chetcombe

Not my era, but that 50 does look gorgeous in green. I'll have to stick with my blue ones
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Cazadoom

O Dear .. I think I may be converted

It's absolutely stunning model!  With 50049 that the 50 fund done

Cheers

Callum

crewearpley40

Callum happy christmas. I  would settle for the n gauge version

RailGooner

For christmas, the real love of my life gave me a facsimile of the rail love of my life!

Images © Mark Adedeji, on Flickr

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

gavin_t

My Christmas present to myself came in the post today. Won it for £50 on eBay on Xmas day  :D

Listing stated ex display model what you see is what you get. Picture of an unboxed loco.
Therefore wasn't expecting the box, unopened detail pack etc. Like new. Just need to go and buy a decoder now so I can have a play  :D

Corbie

Something I've covetted for a long time  :goggleeyes:

The Union of South Africa was kept, for a short time, in a shed a 5 minute walk around the corner from where I lived as a kid, although it was in green livery then. One of the most beautiful locomotives I ever saw.
I'm now the proud owner  :claphappy:
Pre-grouping steam / LNER / early BR.

Jeff_W

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35%