The in-laws!!

Started by bbdave, August 11, 2012, 06:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbdave

I have had the bits ready to make trees i have metcalfe buildings ready to build i have scenic scatter etc. all associated adhesives in fact i even have a new loco and stock but..... the in-laws are in the spare room!!! :help: so no layout access for 3 weeks now!!!!!! i am incredibly frustrated as i'm in a creative mood but i can't do any work at all. :( :doh: >:( :veryangry:

Thankfully they leave tomorrow!!! :bounce: :beers: :claphappy: :laugh3: :smiley-laughing: :D

Dave

scotsoft

Perhaps not a good idea to wave them off too enthusiastically tomorrow  :claphappy:

cheers John.

BobB

Currently, we have no in-laws because we are old and they are no longer with us. On the other hand we have two groups of siblings and youngsters but they are about 10 000 km away so would find it difficult to comment, let alone interfere.

Despite the remoteness, circumstances this winter (we are in the south) have prevented much work. I would love to have any one of them here to stop me working on the layout !

Be thankful the family is near.

Sprintex

As Jimmy Carr once said "that's the difference between inlaws and outlaws . . . .

. . . . . outlaws are Wanted"  :laugh:

Paul

longbridge

Whats the old saying "Bloods thicker than Water" maybe its thicker than model Railway Track as well  ???  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

bbdave

Only a few hours left to go now not that i'm clock watching

Dave

galway

It's like waiting for Santa just one sleep left  :bounce:
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

longbridge

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

weave

Had the grandmother in law all week so no work on new spare bedroom layout. Sister in law came to pick her up yesterday but broke down on M25, 3 hours late, and then decided to stay til 10 pm.

Dived into pools of red wine and now am sitting here with a free spare bedroom, loads to be getting on with, but a thumping headache.

Waiting for pills to kick in, then corking board and track arranging.

God bless her, she's 93, but she ate all my cheese, and Maryland cookies!

bbdave

Quote from: weave on August 12, 2012, 07:55:57 AM
God bless her, she's 93, but she ate all my cheese, and Maryland cookies!

All the cheese!! i've just had to check mine.
My layout lives under the spare bed and as they have two small dogs which HAVE to sleep in the bedroom with them :veryangry: i'm fearing the worst i'll have to spend the night vacuuming dog dust and fur before even getting the layout out.
But i have put my foot down and as we are moving to a new rental next year the spare room is first and foremost going to be a model room either that or a single bed roomed place with garage/shed it's all very well living by the sea but EVERYONE wants to visit(cheap holiday)

Dave

weave

Sod the cheese, I'd worry about the dogs eating the layout. Hope they didn't.

Our two border collies are pretty good really, but a tree or even a coach has 'toy' written all over it!

Pills are starting to work. Might do something soon.

Good luck with your endeavours.

Cheers Weave.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations