Greetings... and a lack of RTR GWR stock?!

Started by grob1234, June 30, 2012, 03:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

G'Day there Tom and   to the forum, a GWR layout sound great so good luck with it  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

grob1234

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your kind responses! Its very nice to be a part of a friendly forum!

Looks like I might be able to get a few coaches, even if they are not accurate for the era. I think I'd rather stick to RTR, although I have used PE before as I build model aeroplanes too. Gator glue is pretty good, and means you don't have to solder!

I'll definitely keep you posted with the progress of the layout, still very much in the planning phase right now. In the mean time I'll build up my loco and coach stock!

Chat soon! Tom

Chinahand

One thing I would recommend Tom is to join the N Gauge Society. http://www.ngaugesociety.com/index.php

Apart from an excellent N Gauge Manual and a quarterly magazine you get access to the NS Shop where you will find lots of those hard to find items including the NGS wagon kits that you won't find anywhere else.
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

Karhedron

Quote from: grob1234 on July 01, 2012, 04:38:49 PM
Looks like I might be able to get a few coaches, even if they are not accurate for the era.
Hi Tom,

Dapol have produced the Collett coaches, B-sets and Autocoach in 1930s "shirtbutton" livery in the past (although they are not in the current range). You can pick these liveries up on eBay without having to pay too much because unlike the more recent releases, they are not fitted for light bars.

Personally this does not bother me as I think lighting looks a bit gimmicky in N gauge but each to their own.

If you cannot find any shirtbutton stock elsewhere I would even be willing to sell you a few items of mine. I model around nationalisation so I prefer the later "Hawksworth crest" livery versions anyway. PM me if you do not have any luck finding shirtbutton stock elsewhere.

Matt
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

grob1234

Hi, well fortunately there are a few things on ebay that I am watching so hopefully that will come good!

I am just also working on my layout plan over in that forum if anyone wants to have a gander!

REGP

Hi Tom

In case you are still looking for Shirtbutton coaches.

Osborn's Models are taking pre orders for an Osborn / Dapol Exclusive set of 3 Collett coaches and a B set all in Shirtbutton livery.

No mention of the Autocoaches yet though.

Ray

MattJ

I for one would like to see a new tooled King.
They're there for their tea.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations