A new pseudo-British loco from Kato

Started by railsquid, December 26, 2020, 11:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capri_sam

I think it's a bit of harmless silliness, and there's nowt wrong with that in what is supposedly a fun pastime. It won't be for everyone, but I doubt they'll be expecting to sell them by the thousand.

I'll pick one up for novelty value, same as the Kato pocket line steam set (the loco of which is actually a quite passable industrial well tank for UK use).

GlenEglise

Quote from: railsquid on December 26, 2020, 11:08:18 PM
See this PDF - seems Kato are planning to release their generic "steeple cab" electric loco (see here for picture) in a pseudo-British livery (BR black with early crest logo). Release in June 2021. Not going to please the rivet counters, but another step towards UK products...

Google translation of Japanese PDF

Pre-ordered product No. GM2260201 Product name / Road name JAN code Chibi-convex British Rail E3682 Undecided Body price ¥ 6,600 Chibi-convex British Rail E3682 (E3682 British Rails Electric Pocket Line) E3682 British Railways] ・ The E3682 is a convex electric locomotive manufactured by the London and North Eastern Railway (LNER) in the 1930s and has been active for 50 years at a power plant in the United Kingdom. -London and North Eastern Railway (LNER) was one of the major railway companies called Big Four in the United Kingdom, but in 1948 it was integrated with the other three major railway companies and nationalized to become British Railways (BR). became. -The E3682, which was green at that time, was repainted in black called "British Railways Black" and the British Railways logo was applied to the side. -The British Rails logo has a lion emblem that straddles the spoke wheels and is nicknamed the "Cycling Lion" and was painted on the side of the British Rails locomotive from 1948 to 1956. This logo was designed by British sculptor Cecil Thomas, who is famous for designing the coronation medal of Queen Elizabeth II. [Product Features] -A type product that has been repainted for overseas markets using a locomotive with a convex convex (new power). -The red color of the buffer is compatible with stickers. Package form: Clear case. -Headlights and taillights will not turn on because they are repainted products with convex protrusions. -Since the locomotive of KATO's Chibi convex set is diverted, the position of lights and doors and the shape of the dolly are different from the actual vehicle. Scheduled to be released in June 2021! British Rails Logo (Cycling Lion) Image is for illustrative purposes only.

GlenEglise

Quote from: railsquid on December 29, 2020, 06:29:41 AM
Quote from: GlenEglise on December 29, 2020, 02:31:04 AM
Surely we should not have such stuff foisted upon us? Generic approximations went out in the 1970's surely.

Don't worry, I'm sure there won't be a legal obligation to buy one ;).

Thank Heavens!    :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations