The Die is Cast! I'm a British N Gauger.

Started by scottmitchell74, February 15, 2014, 04:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdm

Scott (I'm assuming your name is Scott) - If you are getting your stuff from Hattons I'd be interested to know how long it takes to reach you from when it is "picked" and "despatched".
It normal takes on average 10 days to reach Tenerife where I live.

The currency here is Euros so I pay Hattons (VAT free) by Credit Card which means I get full commercial exchange rate, I assume you will be doing something similar.

Being a Classic Car owner I have always had a fascination for Classic American models (eg. '67 Pontiac GTO and old Chevys etc.), what car do you drive - a Classic by any chance?

scottmitchell74

Quote from: Tdm on February 16, 2014, 07:00:31 PM
Scott (I'm assuming your name is Scott) - If you are getting your stuff from Hattons I'd be interested to know how long it takes to reach you from when it is "picked" and "despatched".
It normal takes on average 10 days to reach Tenerife where I live.

The currency here is Euros so I pay Hattons (VAT free) by Credit Card which means I get full commercial exchange rate, I assume you will be doing something similar.

Being a Classic Car owner I have always had a fascination for Classic American models (eg. '67 Pontiac GTO and old Chevys etc.), what car do you drive - a Classic by any chance?

I'll let you know that transit time, for sure. Yes, I used my CC and called first as advised to avoid them freaking out on me and also they didn't have a foreign transaction fee, so I was happy all the way around.

And you nearly nailed it...I drive a Classic...reborn. When they came out with these I couldn't resist. 2011 Challenger (with some Union Pacific MOW)

Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Tdm

I like the "retro" look Dodge Charger, much better looking than the retro Mustang which in my opinion doesn't work. Here's a pic of my 1977 Triumph Stag  - still with it's original Triumph V8 engine outside a local Bar - owned it for the past 20 years and still love driving it.
The hardtop comes off by the way as it has a tonneau & softop as well. As the weather is warming up somewhat now (it is nearly always Sunny here), I am about to remove it.

scottmitchell74

So nice! That's a beautiful off-white. What'S the color, exactly?  And, I'm so jealous of where you live!

Yes, the "retro" look is what did it for me. In my opinion, Dodge absolutely hit a home run ( A Six?!) with the design. Every time I look at it I just growl to myself a little.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Tdm

Quote from: scottmitchell74 on February 16, 2014, 09:06:50 PM
So nice! That's a beautiful off-white. What'S the color, exactly?  And, I'm so jealous of where you live!
Yes, the "retro" look is what did it for me. In my opinion, Dodge absolutely hit a home run ( A Six?!) with the design. Every time I look at it I just growl to myself a little.
The colour is Triumph paint code 19 (a slightly creamy white). The 1st Triumph Stag off the production line in 1970 was a white one (code 19), and I can still get a colour match today more than 40 years later and in Tenerife. Can also still get virtually any replacement parts I need, but have to send to the U.K. for them, or pick them up on one of our visits.

I notice from your profile you like Travel, well so do I (and the misses of course).
Have visited many European Countries, the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand and the Polynesian Islands, but when it comes to the USA have only passed through LA en-route to Hawaii (Ohau & Maui), and spent just a day in San Francisco on the way home. When in Maui hired a Camaro convertible to get around in.

Perhaps we should arrange a house swap sometime whereby I have use of your Dodge, and you my Stag!, and of course we could each play with each others trains!  ::)

scottmitchell74

Quote from: Tdm on February 16, 2014, 09:21:42 PM
Quote from: scottmitchell74 on February 16, 2014, 09:06:50 PM
The colour is Triumph paint code 19 (a slightly creamy white). The 1st Triumph Stag off the production line in 1970 was a white one (code 19), and I can still get a colour match today more than 40 years later and in Tenerife. Can also still get virtually any replacement parts I need, but have to send to the U.K. for them, or pick them up on one of our visits.

I notice from your profile you like Travel, well so do I (and the misses of course).
Have visited many European Countries, the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand and the Polynesian Islands, but when it comes to the USA have only passed through LA en-route to Hawaii (Ohau & Maui), and spent just a day in San Francisco on the way home. When in Maui hired a Camaro convertible to get around in.

Perhaps we should arrange a house swap sometime whereby I have use of your Dodge, and you my Stag!, and of course we could each play with each others trains!  ::)

Done!!!! And I promise you I get the better end of the deal all around...place, layout, climate, car. You can't back out now! :claphappy:

Yeah, me and my wife share our greatest common interest in traveling. We've been knocking off the old Bucket List when we can.

Bealman

Yep, the bucket list.... me too. Our paths may yet meet!

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

scottmitchell74

Bealman...was that your scenic trip from the UK (ridin' the rails edition) that I was envying?

Yeah, it's funny how paths cross sometimes, especially in niche interests like ours.

Bealman

If you mean 'Bealman's Excellent UK Adventure" then yes, I plead guilty, I'm afraid. I an currently in the process of putting the finishing chapters to the Euroadventure which will include photos of Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg.

Thanks for the kind words!!  :thumbsup:

davieb

Quote from: Bealman on February 16, 2014, 10:24:17 PM
If you mean 'Bealman's Excellent UK Adventure" then yes, I plead guilty, I'm afraid. I an currently in the process of putting the finishing chapters to the Euroadventure which will include photos of Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg.

Thanks for the kind words!!  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more pics of your trip  :thumbsup:
As long as there is no sign of a Blue Pullman  :D  :dighole:

dave  :thumbsup:

Bealman

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP