Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

voltan

Main purchase from The Kendal show Poole era 37, was cheap (possibly) and had a couple of split gears to replace (took me a couple of days to build up the courage to do this and then found out how easy it was), but seems to be running well for it's age.

scotsoft

Quote from: voltan on February 01, 2014, 07:50:50 PM
Main purchase from The Kendal show Poole era 37, was cheap (possibly) and had a couple of split gears to replace (took me a couple of days to build up the courage to do this and then found out how easy it was), but seems to be running well for it's age.

Well done on bringing the 37 back to life and gaining the confidence to do more  :claphappy:

cheers John.

johnlambert

Gave in and bought a Fairburn tank.  My local shop had LMS, unweathered Late Crest and weathered late crest examples.  I still think the LMS one is the best looking; a real beauty with its lettering and numbering, I wish I could find a reason other than rule 1 for buying one.  I decided the weathered version was more appropriate to a 1960s setting.

d-a-n

Went to Keighley and Worth Valley railway yesterday to take pictures and ended up in the model shop at Haworth station...I found the PCA for £5 and this hrad-to-find blue/grey SO for £15.50 - I feel like a lucky SO and SO...

[smg id=9973]

Well worth a visit, they had a blue/grey 4CEP for £99 which I had to resist buying after my other large purchase this month.

talisman56

Latest additions to the engineers' resources on Dunestone:

[smg id=10003]

7 'Dogfish' - 'Rusty' livery...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Bealman

All the above is drool inducing stuff.  :drool:

Especially the little green shunter! Mind you that Tornado is uber cool.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Latest addition to the Kimbolted roster is a 3 car class 108 courtesy of a fellow member (thanks, Ste!)

[smg id=10070]

[smg id=10071]

grumbeast

Bealman

Love the green DMU, Mick - 3 car as well. The layout seems to be coming along also.  :thumbsup:

Graham - a mate of mine back in the Nineties had one of those. A superb runner, if I recall.  :thumbsup:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Les1952

Only really a "latest purchase" as regards chipping, the result of a trip to Digitrains this morning to collect after fitting with a small Digitrax decoder in the tender.  Now looks a little Dapol-ish with a sleeved tube passing from the cab into the tender.

[smg id=10086]

Tyne Dock O1 concocted by my son (Mr) Simon from a BachFarish 8F chassis, a Langley B1 body, air pumps from Adrian at Foxhunter Models, and a GCR tender created by swapping the chassis from a burnt-out 3F tender (less motor and worm) into the body of the tender from a J11 which had a bent wheel (an exhibition hall floor jumped up and bent it.. :-[......)

Mr Makkem's pigeon loft shows up well in the background......

All the very best
Les

d-a-n

I got an 8F for my super prototypical 70s/80s layout

[smg id=10080]

[smg id=10081]

A most excellent 30th birthday present from Mrs d-a-n, along with some easi-shunts, some tacky wax and a Peco Butterley Steel wagon kit to have an experiment with (add NEM pocket, try my wagon/weathing skills out and maybe refit it temporarily with metal wheels from another wagon.)

gc4946

I own one of these locos and recommend it.

If BR's Modernisation Plan had proceeded as planned, regular revenue-earning steam would have been phased out by 1975. However, due to financial crises and drop in traffic caused by Dr Beeching's cuts and increase in road transport, steam was actually phased out by 1968.

A Mk1 blue/grey rake wouldn't look out of place for the late 60s/early 70s.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

portland-docks

correct me if im wrong...but thats a WD aint it?
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations