GrahamFarishPullmanCoaches

Started by JohnAstin, March 21, 2020, 12:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnAstin

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the roof from Graham Farish Pullman Carriages to install lighting? If so, how? Many thanks, John Astin.

thebrighton

If you mean the new style Pullmans rather than their offering from years ago the roof and body is one moulding. You need to unclip the bottom edge of the body from the chassis. You can do this by inserting a blade behind the body shell and gently prising it off. Once one clip pops off it is easy to do the rest.

JohnAstin

Many thanks for such a swift response.
Yes, I only bought the carriages last week (374-212, 374-222 & 374-202), so they are the most recent ones.
I presume the blade goes in upwards from underneath rather than horizontally from the side.
On a different issue, annoyingly 374-212 the 2nd Class Parlour has a white roof, whilst the other two (1st Class) carriages have grey ones. Is that authentic, I wonder, or a GF aberration?
Thanks again, John Astin.

thebrighton

Yep, from below rather than horizontally.
Roofs ranged from white, through grey to black depending on how long since the last repaint. A mixture of lead in the paint, smoke and general railway grot took their toll. Just google Mk1 pullmans images and you will see a vast array of colours. Probably the only thing you could day against the grey is it is very uniform in colour. In reality when originally painted white it would have been uniform but as they weathered streaks and patches would appear.

JohnAstin

Many thanks again. I'll buy some of the reed switch lights and give it a go. You're right about the different colour roofs. Two grey & one white roof just looks a bit odd to me, but I'll put up with it. John Astin.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations